Universal Credit Officer
Universal Credit Officer
Salary: £ 27,863
Full time 12 month contract
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: Midnight 19th August 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 26th August 2019
Our client is an award winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but their business is about more than property – it’s about people. They aim to put their residents at the centre of everything they do and offer first class services to all.
Their business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London and the South East. They hold a stock of more than 23,000 homes and employ 600-plus staff.
Their success and plans for the future would not be possible without their dedicated team of staff. Every one of their employees helps to make a positive difference to the lives of their residents.
They currently have an opportunity for a Universal Credit Officer based in their offices in Leicester and they want to hear from you if you:
- Have exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Always put your customers welfare first
- Have experience in dealing with Universal Credit – especially providing support to prepare for change
- Have knowledge and experience of welfare benefits and financial inclusion
- Know how to signpost their residents to the relevant support agencies
- Can demonstrate appropriate levels of numeracy skills.
They understand that the best candidates for this role may not have a background in Social Housing and they are prepared to deliver a full programme of training and support to bring you up to speed with how they do things here. However, there are some skills that you MUST have in order to be considered.
- You must be able to demonstrate empathy with their residents and their situation
- You need to be able to assist and advise our residents to achieve the best possible outcome to enable them to sustain their tenancy
- You need to be able to have difficult conversations and be confident when dealing with challenging individuals
- You have to work well within a team and give and receive support where necessary. You aren’t expected to know or do everything so you need to know where to go for help
- You need to love good challenge and be prepared to work hard every day
Please note that there is no staff parking attached to this role. There are car parks nearby and limited free parking around the area.
There are great public transport links into the city of Leicester and we are a 10 minute walk from the central bus station and a 30 minute walk from the strain station – think of your step count! The city is also well connected by 3 park and ride services.
For this role you may be expected to travel. You will be able to claim for all travel expenses, fuel or public transport, via the online expenses system and these payments will appear as expenses on your monthly payslip.
They reward their staff for their dedication by offering competitive salaries and an excellent range of employee benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave entitlement on joining, plus bank holidays, (pro-rated for part time roles)
- Opportunities to develop your career through training, including gaining professional qualifications, career coaching, mentoring etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Perkbox - High street discounts
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, PA Housing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from minority groups and with a disability.