Islamic Relief Worldwide are an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 35 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts or natural disasters.
Our Birmingham, UK Offices are actively recruiting for the position of ‘Investigations Lead’ to join the Governance Division. The purpose of the role is to further develop our internal investigations framework, review and develop effective resources (policies and guidelines) and processes, conduct investigations on behalf of Islamic Relief Worldwide whilst providing leadership and oversight of internal investigations within the organisation. There will be a need to support internal and external whistleblowing and complaints mechanisms by the ongoing development of key business processes in relation to the investigation of complaint/ whistleblowing disclosures, whilst contributing to the review of operational policy development and associated processes. You will also provide assistance to the Head of Governance in supporting the work of the Division in meeting legislative and regulatory compliance requirements as directed.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- A degree in a relevant qualification suited to the remit of the role
- Strong and seasoned analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and laterally, to overcome challenges
- The ability to prioritise and work efficiently under pressure and subject to changing priorities; proven experience of managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and using judgement and initiative in problem resolution
- Relevant training qualification and experience
- Working knowledge of Safeguarding protocols
- Solid demonstrable experience in a senior investigative role including sensitive and involved investigations
- Proven record of conducting and delivering investigation reports
- Experience of complaints resolution or customer facing role
- Substantial experience in managing relationships and challenging situations
- Flexibility to travel within UK and internationally where required
It is essential that the post holder shares IRW’s values, vision and commitment to acting transparently, honestly and with a sense of social justice in all we do. If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and mission, please apply by completing our online application form.
Following the closing date for applications and subsequent shortlisting, interviews are expected to commence on 2nd September 2019
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- Screening clearance
- Proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- Receipt of satisfactory references
Disclaimer: For UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer