3 days left
- Contract Type
To develop, support and promote community philanthropy to deliver grant making that meets targeted impact needs in Milton Keynes. To provide integrated advice and services to people and organisations that have set up funds at the Community Foundation and develop the effectiveness and scale of existing donors’ giving.
Reports to Director of Philanthropy
1. Develop new philanthropy
2. Share knowledge of the technicalities of giving through philanthropy advice services:
3. Develop and support philanthropy advice relationships
4. Understand the local social sector and obtain extensive community knowledge
5. Be an effective grant maker
6. Monitor the impact of our work and share this effectively with donors to bring philanthropy to life
7. Contribute MK Community Foundation and to the wider UK Community Foundation movement.
1. Ability to work with a range of donors and provide excellent service.
2. Ability to research and provide advice on community needs, and approaches to philanthropy, relevant to donors’ interests and wishes.
3. Ability to analyse grant applications and make recommendations on them.
4. Understanding of the voluntary sector and community issues.
5. Graduate level education or evidence of comparable ability.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
7. Good organisation, administrative and report-writing skills
8. Computer literate and able to be self-servicing
9. Strong commitment to the values of the Community Foundation, including equal opportunities.
10. Enthusiasm, flexibility and the ability to cope well under pressure.
11. A good team player who is able to support colleagues.
12. Willingness to undertake occasional evening/weekend duties and travel outside the region.
1. Understanding of current issues in philanthropy.
2. Experience of grant-making.
3. Experience of working with professional advisors.
4. Experience of working directly within the corporate social responsibility sector or directly with corporate donors.
5. Experience of working in the voluntary and community sector.
6. Driving Licence holder and car owner.