Home-Start Scheme Manager
A great opportunity has arisen to be appointed Manager of Home-Start Newcastle Borough based at our office in Newcastle-Under-Lyme.
If you are passionate about leading the organisation to provide support/help to children and families/ carers we are the organisation for you.
Home-Start Scheme Manager – Newcastle-under Lyme
Permanent (37 hours)
Salary: £29,636 - £32,878, NJC Salary Scale 26 - 30
The Scheme delivers family support across a range of issues, offering both practical and emotional help to empower vulnerable families or those with complex needs to function more independently, both as contractors to local authorities by our highly experienced family support workers and via the Home-Start volunteering scheme, through a team of volunteers.
You need good communication and leadership skills to manage the service and develop it for the future, with experience in delivery of children’s services, safeguarding, volunteering, managing staff, finance and performance, contract management and business planning/tenders. Candidates will need to demonstrate strong skills in partnership working as the role will entail working with schools, local authorities and many other organisations to provide an outstanding service.
Use of own car (insured for business use) and a clean driving license are required. You will also be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, your duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for the day to day management of the scheme including overseeing the financial management and financial reporting requirements
- Contract management
- Operational governance in conjunction with the Board
- Overseeing service delivery
- Reporting to and liaising with local authorities and other agencies and partners
- Managing and supervising the staff team, including dealing with staff welfare issues and health and safety
- Ensuring the scheme’s compliance with regulatory requirements including data protection
- Preparation of bids and tenders
- Promoting the work of the scheme externally including working in partnership with other agencies and providers
- Undertaking the Strategic Lead role on safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare
- Ensuring support to families is consistently of a high standard.
- Ensuring the scheme maintains an effective team of volunteers.
- Working with volunteers including their recruitment, selection, preparation, support and supervision.
The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties that fall within the nature of the role and responsibilities of the post as detailed above.
Applications by 1st September 2019
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering later outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
No agencies please.