Title: PR Officer
Reference number: 43404
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, full time
Location: King's Cross, London
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £27,000 - £29,500 per annum (Inc. London Allowance)
About the role
Sense is seeking to hire a PR Officer who will be responsible for securing high profile media coverage, to highlight the work of the charity and the issues relating to people with complex disabilities. This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week, at our head office in King's Cross, London.
Your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Planning and delivering national and regional, proactive and reactive media relations to highlight Sense’s Policy and Campaigning.
- Developing key relationships and engaging with key media as appropriate including journalists.
- Writing media releases, statements and articles as appropriate for national, trade, news and consumer media outlets. To ensure all materials are produced in accordance to procedures and key messages.
- Monitoring news and media relations and bring and relevant issues to the immediate attention of the Communications department.
Our ideal candidate's experience will include:
- Experience of working within a press, PR or communications environment handling both proactive and reactive activities.
- Evidence of having worked with journalists to deliver media coverage.
- The ability to write press materials and briefings, and to support colleagues to undertake media interviews.
Because of the policy focus on the role, an interest in politics and disability issues is essential.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Closing date: Monday 29 July 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
To start: To be discussed at interview
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button. You will be directed to our website where you can download the information pack and complete the application form.
We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (available on our website) before applying. If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format for example large print, Braille or audio please contact the HR department, more information is available on our website.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment.
No agencies please.