Junior Product Manager
Manufacturing Organisation with a Global remit, delivering products for the Health care and retail market.
The key responsibilties for the Junior Product Manager:
A key developing role within the business responsible for introducing and managing all product developments and initiatives within the Healthcare sector of our business.
Critical to the role is the ability to plan and drive all new and existing product development milestones, through effective liaison with internal functional teams and external stakeholder. Utilising quality market research, customer needs and competitor analysis data.
- To plan, implement and deliver to market new products on time and within cost controls
- Plan and develop new product launch plans including product marketing specifications and internal departments product training requirements
- To use market research data to effectively establish product pricing plus continuous review of production and sales costs, forecasting and pricing of special and customized items.
- Work closely with Design, Marketing and sales to monitor, improve and launch products, as well as refine working processes.
- To identify the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing specification and requirements, appraising and adjusting as needed and preparing return-on-investment analyses
- To establish time schedules with design, manufacturing and component partners
- To determine customer needs via high quality research
- To conduct quality external competitor analysis to accurately assess competition
- To work with Group Sales Director and Data Analyst to develop effective product sales strategies
- To report monthly to the Senior Management Team on product performance
- To ensure timely completion and storage of project documentation in alignment with ISO
- Develop and establish interdepartmental tools such as PDM, PM & PIM
- Network within the Healthcare industry and support sales and marketing to promote Companies products and initiatives
- Responsible for pricing and communications on changes within their portfolio
- Managing key product partnerships and suppliers
The successful Junior Product Manager will have the following:
Experience and skills
- Experience within a Product/Project Management environment, preferably within the bathroom industry
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes (assembly, injection, SMC, GRP, RTM) advantageous
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office & Excel
- Ability to conduct thorough desktop research
- Competent in use of EFACS system
- Wide ranging product knowledge - both internal & external
- Previous experience with Products and/or Markets
The successful Junior Product Manager, based in Taunton will receive:
£20,000 - £27,000