About the role:
The Quakers have recently adopted a new and very exciting fundraising strategy and to support this we need to expand and professionalise our fundraising capacity. We are now looking for an experienced fundraiser who relishes the challenge of setting up a new fundraising team and introducing best practice into the organisation.
- You will be ambitious with a flexible approach to work and be excited by the opportunity to shape the future of fundraising at the Quakers
- You will have demonstrable experience in fundraising roles, across a number of disciplines, especially trusts and individual giving which has given you a good understanding of fundraising regulations and best practice
- You will also have a sound understanding of what motivates individual and organisational donors to support faith-based charities
- Previous experience of managing staff, including line managing another fundraiser is essential
- Of course, you will also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively with a range of different stakeholders including volunteers
- It’s essential that you have sympathy with the Quaker values
Quakers are committed to working for equality and for a sustainable and peaceful world. We seek to fill the gaps, to work where help is most needed, alone or with others – whatever will have the greatest impact. We are committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk and expect all our staff and volunteers to share and uphold this commitment. Quakers have a faith commitment to equality and encourage and welcome applications for posts from all sections of society. You do not have to be a Quaker to apply for this post, but we expect you to uphold the values of our organisation.
What we can offer you:
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
The closing date for applications is 9 am Tuesday 13 August.
Britain Yearly Meeting is committed to equality in all its employment practices.