Regional Director - Europe
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Global Programmes for a Regional Director of Europe.
Position: Regional Director of Europe
Location: Based in Sidmouth, Devon – “an area of outstanding natural beauty”
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Dependant on experience
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day’s holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
Closing Date: Thursday 25 July 2019
The overall purpose of Regional Director role is to provide strategic oversight and support in the development and implementation of the charity’s organisational strategy in Europe.
The Regional Director will achieve this by:
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to develop innovative programmes acting as our client’s ambassador
- Build partnerships to pilot new ways of working and deliver effective donkey welfare programmes.
- Build effective and mutually beneficial relationships with the organisations operating in the development and animal welfare sectors at a global level.
- Motivate and lead the regional team to deliver a broad range of activities
- Cultivate a high-performing team culture that demonstrates the organisational values
- Manage the region’s Global Programme Support budgets.
- Contribute to the development of the overarching organisational strategy.
You will be working with the Global Programmes Director and colleagues in other regions to ensure effective integrated delivery of donkey welfare strategies and campaigns.
You will bring with you:
- Experience of operational planning
- Experience of strategy implementation, as you will be providing advice, guidance and support to develop, articulate and deliver effective donkey welfare programmes in the region.
- The ability to work with regional teams to determine programme priorities and developing model projects in areas of high priority.
- Strong leadership skills
You can be part of an evolving program of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
About the Organisation
Our client is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide. They are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
Our client is a Disability Confident Employer. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also be interested in this role if you have worked in roles such as Director, Head of, Manager, Regional Director.
The role is being advertised by Not For Profit People.