Northamptonshire ACRE is an independent charity working with rural communities across the county. We advise and support them on a range of topics to help them be sustainable. We are seeking a full time Rural Officer to support the charity in its day to day work. Applicants will:
- Assist rural community groups and Parish Councils in identifying development needs for their local area, offering suitable solutions and initiating sustainable action to address those needs, through community engagement.
- The Rural Officer will work with groups on community-led planning projects such as Neighbourhood Plans and Housing Need Surveys.
- They will also provide advice and support on a range of rural topics including fuel poverty and energy efficiency measures, transport, rural services and affordable housing
- As well as assisting with funding applications.
Applicants must have:
- Good experience of community engagement and development work with groups.
- Some experience of delivering community planning, ideally Neighbourhood Plans, is highly desirable.
- They must have a good knowledge of rural issues especially those relating to housing, planning and services and their impact on the more disadvantaged in rural communities.
- An understanding of the role of the voluntary sector is essenatial
- Experience of partnership working is essential.
- Candidates must have good presentation and communication skills and be comforable speaking to large groups.
A job description/person specification is available to download. If you are interested in the post, please complete the attached application form and Equal Opps form and send to the email below. Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 19th July 2019. Interviews will take place Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th July 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept CVs.