Retail Manager (Charity)
Retail Manager (Charity)
Our client is a leading children’s hospice charity caring for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families. They currently have 13 shops across London and Surrey and they all play a vital role in helping to fund their care services
Position: Shop Manager for
Location: Battersea, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Full / Part Time Hours
Salary: £16,829 to £20,604 per annum, depending on experience
About the role:
They have opportunities for experienced Shop Managers and Assistant Managers to join their team within the retail service.
You will play an integrated role within the retail service, supporting the growth and excellent services we provide to our customers and supporters.
The income from their shops helps to directly fund the work of their two hospices, and their hospice at home service. Often entering one of their shops will be the first encounter someone has with the charity. This means that as part of their retail team, you are also an ambassador for their organisation, someone who can talk about the work that they do, and how they help children with life-limiting conditions in the local area.
The Manager will be jointly responsible for the smooth running of the shop, ensuring a pleasant working environment for the other staff and volunteers.
- Planning, allocating and providing clear line management to the Assistant Managers.
- Working alongside the volunteering management team in recruiting and training volunteers.
- Processing donations as soon as possible with the support of the volunteers.
- Ensuring all merchandise is displayed appropriately and the window display is creative and eye catching
- Promoting the gift aid scheme to customers.
- Following cash and banking procedures and submitting financial documentations to the finance team to process.
Having previous experience in Charity retail is essential, as is a can do attitude. If you feel you are up to the challenge and are keen to join a close knit team who work well together, they want to hear from you.
You may have experience of the following: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Retail Manager, Retail, Shop Manager, Assistant Shop Manager, Assistant Retail Manager, Retail Management, Merchandising, Retail Supervisor, Shop Supervisor, Store Supervisor, Customer Service, Charity Shop, Branch Manager, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, etc.