Head of Philanthropy and Relationships
Job Title: Head of Philanthropy and Relationships
Hours: Full time/Permanent
Salary: Circa £65K
Location: London SW6 – Relocating to St Pauls EC1
We are working in partnership with Breast Cancer Haven (BCH) who offer vital one-to-one emotional, physical and practical support to anyone affected by breast cancer. BCH is establishing a Philanthropy function for the first time to expand its ability to secure new long-term funding from high net worth individuals to support growth in its charitable initiatives. As a result, BCH are looking to appoint a Head of Philanthropy and Relationships to lead the development and implementation of a philanthropy strategy and establish a new department. The post holder will personally and through the team, create, manage and develop relationships with high net worth donors and prospects to maximise significant lifetime support for the charity.
The successful individual will need to demonstrate:
- A track record of successfully driving fundraising income growth with high net worth individuals in a challenging, complex and pressurised environment
- Success in securing significant gifts (six or seven figures) from individual donors through face-to-face solicitation
- Experience of involving senior volunteers and staff in the development of relationships with significant individual donors
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate cross functional teams to support philanthropic fundraising
- A strong network of philanthropists and high value donors/prospects
- Ability to negotiate and influence a range of stakeholders across a complex organisation
- Experience developing strategies, operating plans and managing budgets.
We are seeking a strategic and influential individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. You will be able to develop highly productive relationships with individuals who may be leaders of big businesses, high value investors or those with significant family wealth.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then please submit your CV and supporting statement to Jill Livingstone, Associate Director, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1682.
Closing date for applications: 4 August 2019
Interview date: w/c 19 August 2019