Regional Fundraiser, East Anglia
Regional Fundraiser, East Anglia (Norfolk, Suffolk & Essex)
Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson's can feel like.
Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson's - a brain condition that turns lives upside down, leaving a future full of uncertainty.
Parkinson’s UK is a people-powered movement. Together we will find the cure, and improve life for everybody affected by Parkinson’s. Join us!
About the role
We are looking for a Regional Fundraiser to work across East Anglia (Norfolk, Suffolk & Essex). To be working at Parkinson’s UK at this time could well be a career high and a life event for all of us. We’re moving fast now to deliver better treatments and maybe a cure for Parkinson’s within years, not decades, and you would be part of the team dedicated to providing support and advice to thousands of individuals, groups, local businesses and event participants across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to create the funding to make this possible. What could be a better career reward than that?
What you’ll do
- develop and deliver ambitious local fundraising plans and budgets
- support, motivate and manage a portfolio of individual supporters to fundraise for Parkinson’s UK
- lead on the development and delivery of a portfolio of local fundraising events
- develop streams of local fundraising in allocated area, including community support, local corporate activity and some major donor work
What you’ll bring
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- experience of general fundraising principles in at least two of the following disciplines: events, community, corporate, major donor.
- setting and managing budgets to achieve agreed targets and working effectively to plan and organise work to meet deadlines
- Effective communication and listening skills and the ability to work in a modern workplace.
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us!
Closing date: 21 July 2019
Interviews will take place: 31 July 2019
For further details on the benefits of working at Parkinson’s UK and how to apply, please click on the Apply button.
Please note, we will be shortlisting candidates on receipt of applications based on the essential criteria of the person specification. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified and the vacancy may close earlier than stated.
Candidates must live within a reasonable distance of the area as frequent travel will be required around the area without reliance on public transport. If you will be driving, you need to have held your full UK driving license for a minimum of one year.
The successful candidate will also be required to provide their own broadband service with a minimum download speed of 2Mb.
This role will require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If you don’t have a current DBS check, you will be required to apply for one; refusal to do so will result in the offer being withdrawn.
Parkinson’s UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from disabled persons, including those with Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s UK is the operating name of the Parkinson’s disease Society of the United Kingdom. A charity registered in England and Wales (258197) and in Scotland (SC037554).
More searches like this
- Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Suffolk
- Business Development & Commercial Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Suffolk
- Community Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Suffolk
- Events Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Suffolk
- Supporter Development Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Suffolk