Job Title: Financial Controller
Hours/ Contract: 35 hours a week/ Permanent
Location: Alresford, Hampshire
We are working in partnership with the Dioceses of Winchester and Portsmouth who are seeking to appoint a Financial Controller. The Financial Controller will work closely with fellow senior colleagues to support the overall development of the vision, mission and delivery of the strategic aims in the organisation. The post holder will provide full accountancy and financial control services, and manage the day to day work flow and provide leadership for the Finance Team. This role will also deputise for the Finance Director when necessary.
The successful individual will need to hold a recognised finance or accounting qualification and will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of operating successfully in a finance role at a managerial level of a significant organisation, ideally in the charity sector
- Charity finance and accounting experience
- Experience of managing people and delivering through a team
- A working knowledge and experience of managing assets
- Previous experience of leading or taking substantial responsibilities for managing change
- Experience of Access business and financial system, and Microsoft Suite applications
We are seeking an enthusiastic and engaging individual with excellent communications skills and the ability to liaise and communicate to a wide range of audiences. The post holder will be a team player with a collaborative and flexible working style and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines to see projects through to completion.If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your CV with a supporting statement to email@example.com quoting our reference JO1667.
Closing date for applications: TBC
Interview date: TBC