Head of Finance and Compliance
Head of Finance and Compliance
Are you a fully qualified accountant with management expertise? Do you have thorough and proven knowledge of legalities in financial management for both charity/company accounts? Are you experienced in accountability and direct reporting to Trustees/Directors? We are recruiting a new Head of Finance and Compliance to join Motivation's Senior Management Team and lead the effective and professional management of Motivation's finances on a global level.
As well as overseeing our financial systems, processes and controls, you will lead on developing organisational budgets and financial reporting. At the same time you will take the lead on ensuring compliance across the organisation (in the UK and internationally) to comply with relevant laws, regulations and internal procedures.
• To provide effective and professional management of the organisation’s finances both in the UK and those of overseas programmes and offices to ensure that statutory obligations are met and that all programmes and development plans are fully and comprehensively supported through an accurate and solid financial foundation, to ensure the productivity and sustainability of Motivation and its overseas branch offices.
• To develop and ensure the maintenance of suitable and effective financial systems and procedures for Motivation to meet the requirements of Companies House and the Charity Commission – particularly with regards to SORP2015, and take overall responsibility of the service delivered by the finance team.
• To support and advise the Executive Officers and Trustees/Directors in strategic decision making through maintaining an up to date knowledge of the financial climate and developments within the sector and by providing timely and relevant financial information and projections.
• Provide a compliance service to support all functions (UK and Internationally) to comply with relevant laws and regulations and internal procedures.
• To be in charge of implementing the financial strategy of the organisational Change Plan.
• Play an active role, alongside SMT colleagues to lead the long term strategic direction of Motivation as a global charity creating impact for disabled people.
Full details of the role can be found in the job description and person specification at www.motivation.org.uk/work-for-us.
Motivation transforms the lives of disabled people around the world. From designing innovative wheelchairs to influencing international NGOs, we’ve been making an impact for nearly 30 years. We work with local, national and international partners to provide practical solutions to the challenges faced by disabled people in developing countries. We advocate for the rights of disabled people and empower them to stay healthy, to access education and employment and to participate in their communities. As well as our global advocacy we run projects across Africa and in India.
Motivation is evolving for even greater impact. Over the past year a new global focus on assistive technology for disability inclusion has emerged in politics and development, which means there has never been a better time for Motivation to influence wheelchair provision for future generations. To achieve this we are embarking on a period of change towards a global model of operation. We are building the capacity of our regional teams so they can drive and deliver change. We are exploring new funding models. We are building our sustainability. All this will enable Motivation to grow our long term impact for disabled people in developing countries.
Please send your CV and a supporting statement (no longer than two sides of A4) evidencing your suitability for the role and illustrating how you meet the person specification to email@example.com, by using the Apply section below.
Friday 26th July by midday. Please note we will review applications on an ongoing basis and only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We are an equal opportunities employer.
This is a full time role, but part time will also be considered.