International Media Coordinator
Islamic Relief Worldwide are an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 35 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts or natural disasters.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is currently recruiting for the position of an International Media Coordinator. The International Media Coordinator will be responsible for increasing the exposure of IR’s emergency response, development and advocacy efforts around the globe through print, TV, radio, digital and other forms of media. S/he will act as the global contact point for media enquiries and will strive to provide compelling news stories and content, while ensuring all queries – including occasionally those relating to crisis management – are dealt with in a timely and proactive fashion.
The successful candidate must have or be:
• Media experience, either as a journalist working in a busy newsroom, or as a media officer / coordinator at a NGO, think tank, government department, PR agency or equivalent.
• Strong story teller with the ability to source powerful ideas and convey them in a compelling manner in print and/or video.
• Experience generating high-profile news coverage or covering major news events.
• Excellent written communication skills and ability to convey often complex messaging and issues in an engaging and easy to digest manner, including the ability to write press releases, news articles or blogs under time pressure.
• Multimedia skills and experience an advantage, including photography and videography and video editing (Adobe Premier / Final Cut Pro or other).
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and mission, please apply by completing our online application form.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
• Screening clearance
• Proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
• Receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.