Operations Manager - Social Care Services
Are you a successful manager looking for a role to take our social care services to the next level?
A fantastic new opportunity has become available to work as Operations Manager for our client, a charity dedicated to making sure Deaf people get the same sort of access as hearing people to healthcare and health information. They provide services directly in British Sign Language (BSL) and work in partnership with the NHS and local authorities. 70% of their staff are Deaf, and almost all of the staff in services are fluent sign language users.
Position: Operations Manager, Social Care Services
Salary: Circa £40k Depending on Experience
Hours: 9am-5pm, 37 hours per week, full time
Benefits: 25 days holiday, Sick pay, Pension, Eye Care vouchers
Closing Date: 26th July 2019
Interview Dates: 6th and 7th August 2019
About the role:
As Operations Manager your key focus will be on care homes and community outreach. Responsibilities include:
- Supervising and supporting service managers to manage their teams for delivery of high quality and responsive services through effective leadership and performance management.
- Quality assurance and Operational compliance in line with our client’s policies and procedures, CQC regulations and safeguarding procedures.
- Performance management and continuous improvement against KPIs to deliver high quality service and user outcomes.
- Oversight of budgets and spend, driving efficiencies and value for money
- Supporting the Director of Operations in the development and planning to deliver the objectives for Operations in line with our client’s 3-year plan.
- Maintaining accurate care management systems, including referrals, outcome focused support plans, reviews and measuring customer satisfaction.
- Collecting performance data for each service area in a reportable format to the Executive Leadership Team and key stakeholders.
- Working with the Head of Governance and Strategy to develop and maintain policy and procedures, in line with organisational requirements or changing legislation.
- To maintain, improve and standardise effective reporting processes and escalation protocols, including incidents, safeguarding, Health and Safety.
The ideal person for this role will have proven experience of being a strategic lead across relevant services, you will also have experience of the following:
- Social care or health care qualifications or equivalent training
- Proven record of managing and delivering care services
- Managing and improving staff performance
- Operating with an external audience, engaging and influencing a variety of stakeholders
- Budget management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and CRM systems
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Understanding of quality assurance, CQC compliance, person centred and outcome focused practice; safeguarding and risk management.
- Excellent teambuilding, communication skills and resilience
Due to the nature of our client’s services knowledge and understanding of BSL and Deaf culture would also be highly desirable.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Director of Operations, Operations Manager, Healthcare Operations, Regional Operations Manager, Head of Care Management, Operational Leadership, Social Care Manager, Support Manager, Operational Manager Adult Social Care, Regional Operations Manager