The purpose of this role is to lead on building new long term funding partnerships for the Micro:bit Educational Foundation to enable the organisation to achieve its long term goals.
- Responsible for pipeline of future funding
- Devise a fundraising strategy to be approved by the CEO
- Agree a departmental budget and work to achieve or exceed a fundraising target
- Co-ordinate and manage fundraising, comprising community, trust, corporate, major donor and digital fundraising, across the organisation
- Build relationships with high profile and high net worth individuals as potential donors to the organisation.
- Ability to build a compelling pitch deck and present it effectively.
- Able to speak the language of funders, understand their motivations for giving.
- Build relationships with charitable trusts, foundations and other institutional funders.
- Write or approve funding applications to charitable trusts and foundations.
- Attend networking events and meetings with potential donors.
- Represent the Foundation at a high level externally with potential funders raising the profile of the organisation and its reputation.
- Prepare reports and give presentations on fundraising progress to the senior leadership team and the board.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Deliver unrestricted funding to enhance the operations, projects and reach of the Foundation.
Location: This is a remote role but candidate would ideally be in the U.K. or U.S.
- A track record of up to five years’ successful fundraising in the charity sector or not for profit sector.
- Existing network of contacts.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Networking skills: The ability to represent the Foundation to high profile and high net worth individuals and effectively communicate our mission.
- Time management skills- we are a small team with a global reach, the ability to prioritise is essential.
- Track record of converting opportunities into long term funding relationships.
- Belief in the Foundations mission to broaden participation in digital creativity and coding reaching more girls and more under-represented groups.
- Experience within the education sector (K12 not Higher Education)
- Knowledge of the Edtech market
- Experience of fund-raising on a global scale