Executive Director of Brand and Communications
Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex (AAKSS) saves lives by providing the best possible care every minute of the day, every day of the year. They are a life-saving and pioneering independent charity providing essential pre-hospital emergency care to trauma patients throughout the South East. Last year alone, AAKSS were called out to help over 2,000 people in life-threatening conditions. They never stop innovating and improving the care they can give. AAKSS were the first UK air ambulance service to fly 24/7. They are now looking to recruit an experienced, dynamic and high performing Executive Director of Brand and Communications.
The Executive Director of Brand & Communications is a new role establishing and leading a new department which have accountability for all areas of communications policy and practice - internal and external - including marketing services. Working closely with the senior management team, this role will lead the effort to raise awareness and understanding of AAKSS's work and reinforce, increase intention to support, and crucially, own reputation management and associated risks.
Skills and attributes to include:
- Significant communications and/or marketing experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role
- Experience of commissioning a wide range of briefs across the marketing/communications spectrum
- Experience of building communications capability into organisations and leading teams and peers through disruptive change
- Managing teams and developing people.
- Proven ability to develop and implement integrated communications strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate complex concepts into understandable terms for the audience
- Credibility to influence others and gain buy-in at the most senior level
- Coaching style of leadership
To apply, please submit your CV via the Prospectus website, you can access this by clicking on the "Apply" button below. Please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application, addressing why the role and organisation are a good fit and outlining your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
A Prospectus consultant will assess submitted applications, and as part of the selection process candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices. Following this initial interview with Prospectus, you may be shortlisted for interview with AAKSS, with interviews taking place as below:
First Stage interview with AAKSS: w/c 5th August
Second Stage interview with AAKSS: w/c 12th August