Head of Governance and Compliance
Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex (AAKSS) saves lives by providing the best possible care every minute of the day, every day of the year. They are a life-saving and pioneering charity providing essential pre-hospital emergency care to trauma patients throughout the South East. Last year alone, AAKSS were called out to help over 2,000 people in life-threatening conditions. They never stop innovating and improving the care they can give. AAKSS were the first UK air ambulance service to fly 24/7. They are now looking to recruit an experienced, dynamic and high performing Head of Governance and Compliance.
The Head of Governance and Compliance is a new role with responsibility for ensuring policies, processes and systems are in place for good organisational governance, in order to ensure AAKSS delivers total compliance as a minimum standard across all relevant areas of law and regulation. This role will implement and maintain a compliance management system to identify and report on statutory and regulatory compliance requirements, including Charity Commission requirements.
In addition to enabling the highest standards of good governance, the Head of Governance and Compliance will support the Chair in ensuring the board functions efficiently and effectively, and, will facilitate information flows between the Board, its committees and the senior executive team.
Skills and attributes to include:
- Working in a governance role at Board and Executive Team level with demonstrable experience gained from previous similar role
- Providing strategic advice on governance and compliance matters
- Experience of handling confidential and sensitive matters and situations with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Knowledge of company and charity law, charity governance and the role and responsibilities of trustees
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - the ability to convey complex information clearly and succinctly
- Ability to build highly effective and collaborative relationships
- Strong influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- A flexible and adaptable approach with strong ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
To apply, please submit your CV via the Prospectus website, you can access this but clicking the "Apply" button below. Please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application, addressing why the role and organisation are a good fit and outlining your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
A Prospectus consultant will assess submitted applications, and as part of the selection process candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices. Following this initial interview with Prospectus, you may be shortlisted for interview with AAKSS, with interviews taking place as below:
First Stage interview with AAKSS: w/c 5th August
Second Stage interview with AAKSS: w/c 12th August