Volunteer Experience Officer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for two full time Volunteer Experience Officers to join the newly created Volunteer Experience Team at SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity.
SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity, supports the person behind the uniform; any time they need us, in any way they need us, for as long as they need us. Every year, SSAFA helps more than 73,000 people from the Forces family to get back on their feet; those currently serving, reserves, veterans and their families. Support is there for people at any stage in their military career; from the youngest recruit to the oldest veteran – no one’s service is ever forgotten. We give hope, help and personal support for as long as it takes to get that person’s life back to where they want it to be.
About the role
You will be supporting the Head of Volunteering with all activities relating to volunteering best practice throughout the volunteer journey. Each job has its own specific focus.
Volunteer Experience Officer - Recruitment will focus on the recruitment and selection of volunteers. You will also support and advise the volunteer Network on local recruitment initiatives.
Volunteer Experience Officer - Engagement will focus on the retention and engagement of existing volunteers. You will also support and advise the volunteer network on the support and recognition of volunteers.
About the team
This is a brand new team of four, with everyone specialising in perfecting the Volunteer Experience! The team will be on hand to support our dedicated workforce of 6,000 volunteers as well as prospective applicants across the UK and internal stakeholders.
To carry out this role successfully you will have:
- Experience of working with or managing volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment requirements
- Demonstratable good computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- Knowledge of UK disclosure checking processes and bodies, including levels of checks and eligibility (for Volunteer Experience Officer – Recruitment)
- Experience of producing management reports and analysing findings to make recommendations on improving the volunteer experience (for Volunteer Experience Officer – Engagement)
- SSAFA is an employer that values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
No agencies please. Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
Interviews: 1st and 2nd August 2019. If you are invited to attend an interview you will be required to deliver a presentation as part of the selection process.
SSAFA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to using the Disclosure & Barring Service. SSAFA is committed to safeguarding and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you wish to apply for any of our vacancies you will be asked to answer some screening questions before completing an application form and uploading your CV. Personal data to progress your application for employment is covered under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Article 6 Section 1b and Article 9 2b and c. Your details will not be used for any other purpose or shared with a third party without your permission. Data on unsuccessful candidates will be retained for one year from the vacancy being filled. If you take up employment with us, your information will be held for the duration of your employment plus six full calendar years. Further details are contained in SSAFA’s Privacy Statement on our website.
More searches like this
- Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Administration Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations & Service Delivery Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Volunteer Recruitment & Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Volunteers Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)