SWA -Swindon Domestic Abuse Support Services is a registered independent charity that provides a nationally accredited domestic abuse service for residents living in the Swindon area. The service provides specialist emergency refuge for women and children and community outreach teams. Our aim is to provide high quality services, expert advice, consultancy and advocacy to enable us to achieve better outcomes for victims of DVA, survivors, their families and the wider community
We are looking to appoint a Director to lead the charity by providing effective strategic leadership, management and performance of SWA -Swindon Domestic Abuse Support Services. The new Director will be responsible for the on going success of the organisation whilst ensuring the financial security and provision of the service at the highest standard. The Director will continue to build on the good working relationships with outside agencies and promote the service across a variety of forums. SWA is a well established charity in Swindon and we are looking for the new Director to develop a new five-year strategy for further growth The Director is responsible to the Board of Trustees.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to lead the organisation at an exciting time of development.
The successful candidate will be:-
- An inspirational effective leader able to promote a positive and supportive working environment
- An effective communicator with experience of multidisciplinary working and decision making and able to develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- A strategic and creative thinker with vision for future development of the organisation.
- Able to ensure the organisation is managed in an efficient and cost effective manner consistent with the values of SWA and be an effective negotiator.
- To be responsible for the management and securing of appropriate funding through statutory, charitable and voluntary streams.
- Self-motivated, decisive with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Able to demonstrate successful track record in management at a senior level in at least one of the voluntary, statutory or charity sector.
Due to the nature of this role we will be considering female applicants only for this post in accordance with the provisions of the Occupational Requirement (Equality Act 2010, pursuant to Schedule 9 part 1)
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please contact Caroline Black on 07840792007
More searches like this
- Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Swindon
- Campaigning Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Swindon
- Senior Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Swindon
- Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Swindon
- Operations & Service Delivery Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Swindon