Senior Fundraising Manager
The position of Senior Fundraising Manager at Fellowship and Aid to the Christians of the East (FACE) offers an exciting opportunity for an individual, who has been nurturing and growing donor relationships in an established charity, to lead the development and management of fundraising in a newly established national branch of the leading NGO, Oeuvre d'Orient. This well-established and respected international charity has, for the past 160 years, been supporting Eastern Christians in the Middle East and sustaining the survival of Christianity in the Biblical lands. Oeuvre d’Orient currently manages over 1500 long-term projects in humanitarian aid, education, evangelisation, healthcare and pastoral support, across 23 countries.
ROLE OF SENIOR FUNDRAISING MANAGER
FACE seeks a self-motivated, highly organised and imaginative Senior Fundraising Manager to:
- Devise and deliver the fundraising strategy;
- Motivate and manage the fundraising team;
- Cultivate and develop donor relationships across a wide range of fundraising areas;
- Build and maintain a strong network of relationships with funders;
- Oversee the care and stewardship of all donor partnerships;
- Enhance the charity’s faith identity, mission and stature.
- Devise and deliver the fundraising strategy;
- Inspire, motivate and supervise the fundraising team (incl. 1 x Community & Events Fundraising Manager and 1 x Trusts & Foundations Fundraising Manager);
- Monitor and coordinate all fundraising operations;
- Build and cultivate major donor partnerships, and supervise the care and stewardship of donors;
- Be an ambassador at donor meetings and fundraising events;
- Supervise the copywriting of fundraising proposals and promotional material;
- Manage and host fundraising and cultivation events;
- Manage online fundraising operations using social media and websites;
- Ensure effective monitoring of fundraising income and expenditure with a clear sets of KPIs;
- Report to trustees and stakeholders in a variety of formats and forums;
- Ensure strong internal systems are developed to comply with legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Knowledge of the current philanthropy landscape, its diverse forms of philanthropic motivations, donor mechanisms, fundraising strategies and future trends;
- Capacity to devise and implement a fundraising strategy;
- Successful track record of soliciting, securing and nurturing major donors;
- Capacity to inspire, manage and unite donors, sponsors and volunteers, in pursuit of the mission;
- Strong advocacy skills to ensure effective engagement with external stakeholders;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills, including expertise in writing tailored fundraising proposals to match donor interests, and promotional material;
- Knowledge and experience of organising and hosting fundraising events;
- Excellent numeracy skills for budgeting and financial analysis;
- Good IT, computer, data base and social media skills;
- Experience of managing income & expenditure budgets, and tracking fundraising against targets;
- Self-motivated, highly organised, innovative and creative, with strong analytical, strategic and organisational capacity, and with the initiative and ability to work alone;
- Warm, friendly and welcoming personality, with an ability to work as an effective team player – positively, creatively, collaboratively, flexibly, and constructively – and to cooperate and pitch in to help, to share willingly and openly, and to participate actively and passionately;
- Empathy for the Catholic Church, the aims of Caritas, the needs of Eastern Christians, and the promotion and survival of Christianity in the Middle East;
- Commitment to the process of peace and reconciliation in the Middle East.
- Experience of public speaking and giving presentations;
- Experience of dealing with both British and foreign entities;
- Knowledge and understanding of the faith-based charity sector in the UK;
- Knowledge and understanding of other NGOs working to the benefit of Eastern Christians.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
- a curriculum vitae;
- a letter of motivation demonstrating your suitability for the role;
- the names and contact details of two referees.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th July 2019.
Please refer to the recruitment pack attached below for further information on the role.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Education Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Senior Management Education Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Management Education Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Fundraising Education Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Major Donor/ Gifts Education Full Time jobs in London (Central)