Head of Digital
7 days left
- Contract Type
Based in London, this client is a UK-leading service provider. Committed to excellent care, they treat people in over 30 locations in and around London, allowing patients better access closer to home.
They are a national and international centre for research into conditions and treatments, leading one of the strongest and most extensive research programmes in the world. Together with their partners, they have one of the highest measures of scientific productivity and impact in the world for their specialisms.
Finally, their experts provide teaching and training for a wide range of health professionals, including clinicians from around the world who come to learn from them.
The Head of Digital is responsible for leading the organisation as digital channels and technologies transform interactions with prospects, patients and other key partners and influencers. The role will work with senior leaders to integrate a digital first approach to deliver the organisation's objectives and to use audience insight, digital platforms and analytics to continually improve the user experience.
The digital team will be responsible for leading the planning and rollout of new products and digital/web-based platforms, managing relationships with senior staff across the organisation and external suppliers, procurement and budget management, analysis and reporting of results, campaign planning and digital strategy.
Included will be the the responsibility to:
- Plan and manage an overall strategy for the primary websites, ensuring content, architecture, and functionality reflect user-needs.
- Own the relationship with the technical agency, ensuring they are providing value for money and actioning user insight.
- Lead and utilise martech, adtech and digital automation techniques and platforms as appropriate to optimise digital marketing, communications and performance.
- Ensure the Private Healthcare section is converting a maximal number of users into their commercially vital Private Health function.
- Own the data integration strategy across Digital assets, ensuring GDPR compliance.
- Own the PPC strategy, sourcing and managing an external agency.
- Manage the Digital real estate to create integrated communications, ensuring cohesion across Marketing and Communications departments, shared objectives and measurement.
- Lead the appointment and relationship management of key suppliers, in particular the day to day management of the main digital agencies supporting the portfolio of websites. This involves procurement, selection and briefing of suppliers and providing feedback, ensuring they keep to schedules, project management, account management and generally acting as the key point of contact for the organisation.
- Provide insight and leadership in all aspects of digital communications from user experience, content and optimisation, through to technical infrastructure (such as deliverability and domain configuration), and technological capability in areas such as personalisation, automation, attribution and analysis.
Amongst other things, the Head of Digital will have the following competencies and attributes:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject
- Recognised (digital) marketing qualification at master's level or experience/training equivalent
- Significant demonstrable experience in marketing planning and delivery
- Experience of working with agencies, media strategy and buying, digital transformation
- Knowledge of marketing communications across channels and techniques - especially including digital, data and performance
- Broad understanding of a range of range of digital media tools, including digital search engine optimisation techniques, content management systems and analytics
- Knowledge of analytics, performance, and software packages such as the Adobe Marketing suite, Search analytics tools, knowledge of graphic design, desktop publishing and print processes
- Clear understanding of the GDPR and DPA and its practical implications and implementation for hospital data and digital data/patient information (collection, usage, transfer, storage)
- Desirably, some experience within the medical and nursing industry.
- Planning and organisational skills to formulate long-term strategic plans involving uncertainty and which will affect the whole organisation
- The ability to both work co-operatively with both clinical and non-clinical staff including other management teams and to develop effective working relationships within the directorate
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships across the organisation and externally
The successful Head of Digital will join a growing team, earning up to £68,000 on a permanent basis.