NPC is recruiting for a senior consultant with experience in philanthropy or social investment to join our busy and dynamic research and consulting team on a full or part time basis. Our work is highly regarded in the sector, and we work with a range of clients including charities of all sizes, grant-making trusts, corporates, government and philanthropists.
With a reputation for leadership through ideas as well as expertise in working practically with charities and funders, we publish research reports, thought pieces and practical guidance, and have helped numerous organisations and sectors improve their effectiveness. Our consultancy department works with a range of philanthropists to devise strategies to make an impact, consider how to structure their giving, and decide on where to give.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity if you have a passion for making the charity sector more effective. You will primarily deliver consulting projects for funders and charities, working with them to increase their impact. The role involves:
- Managing projects for clients. Helping to scope projects, and then deliver high quality work for the client. This includes managing regular communication with clients and ensuring clients are happy with the work.
- Contributing to NPC’s thought leadership in the area. Bringing out lessons from client work and thinking about the applicability of these to the wider sector. This would include writing blogs, coming up with ideas for events and think tank publications.
- Building NPC’s profile within the sector. Maintaining relationships with key sector stakeholders and speaking at events.
The ideal candidate will have gained relevant experience in a consulting or research role in professional services, public policy or the third sector. You will have knowledge of the philanthropy, foundation or social investment sectors. You will have good research and stakeholder management skills and be able to work flexibly and independently.
At least four years’ relevant experience is required, as well as experience of managing research or consultancy projects.
Based in London. £35,000–£40,000 per annum plus benefits.
How to apply
We are an equal opportunities employer. As part of the application process we ask that you complete an equal opportunities form. Information supplied will be treated in confidence. If you do not wish to complete the equal opportunities form, it will not influence your application in any way.
To apply, please send:
- a cover letter providing your evidence of meeting the key skills and competencies noted above and in the job description with a focus on:
- Experience in research and consulting
- Project management
- Business development
- Communication skills
- Enthusiasm for NPC and the sector
- your CV
- a completed equal opportunities form
to email@example.com before the deadline of 12 noon on Monday 5th August 2019. Please include the job reference in the subject of your email along with where you saw the job advertisement. Your cover letter will be used in the initial screening of your application.
Interviews will be held on the week commencing 19th and 26th of August.
Please note: We reserve the right to close these vacancies prior to the application deadline once a sufficient number of applications have been received.