Marketing and Communications Manager
- Line management responsibility of 2 people
- Varied and exciting position with a great charity
About Our Client
Ronald McDonald Houses enable families to maintain a degree of normal life while their child is undergoing medical treatment in partnered specialist children's hospitals across the UK.
In the UK, Ronald McDonald House Charities UK was established as an independent charity in 1989. Our Houses not only provide families with accommodation, but with a space where they can rest, cook and take time out from the hospital, so they can continue to stay strong for their child. Children that require specialist medical care often have to travel long distances to receive treatment. Our Houses are located next to partnered NHS hospitals; we run 12 Houses and there are a further three that are locally operated by independent charities.
The role will have a line management responsibility of 2 people and include:
- Brand Management - Ensure all national and regional communications adhere to brand and style guidelines whilst acting as a brand guardian.
- Internal communications - Write and distribute the Charity's monthly staff newsletter and improve knowledge-sharing across the Charity.
- PR and influencers - Put together a comprehensive national PR plan and organise media events. This role will work closely with the Content Producer to identify strong stories to implement. You will be the day-to-day contact for all influencers and celebrities.
- Events Marketing.
- Special Projects - Examples include the annual fundraising weekend and the National Gala Dinner.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in a marketing or communications role in the charity sector
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid experience in producing press releases and liaising with journalists
- Experience with working on long term projects is desirable
- Partnership working is also desirable
- Experience with line management is desirable
What's on Offer
This role is based in East Finchley (right next to the station)
£36-£39K (this includes a London weighting) plus a discretionary bonus
Permanent; Full-Time. Semi-flexible hours - 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm and 10am-6pm
Great benefits. Some include:
- Private healthcare
- Free lunches
- 28 days holiday rising to 30 after 5 years of service
- Summer working hours - The office closes at 1pm on Fridays in June, July and August
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZ14025138Z