Senior Financial Accountant
A large listed private bank is looking to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant who will report into the Head of Financial Control & Reporting. This is a newly created role and you will be responsible for the monthly, quarterly and year end processes for all management and financial reporting, control, budgeting, forecasts with an element of Analysis too.
A perfect role for an ambitious Practice qualified candidate who is looking for their first step out of Audit or for someone already within a financial services business in a Financial Accounting role looking to work for a leading Private Bank with £100+ billion under management.
- Responsibility for the monthly, quarterly, half yearly and year end reporting
- Preparation of interim and year end financial packs, statutory accounts
- Working with the finance team and wider business to manage and communicate the deadlines and processes required for the month end reporting.
- Analysis of costs, revenue, performance and advising the management team of areas for improvement
- Preparation of monthly P&L’s
- Assess and understand the consequences of changes to Accountancy and Tax rulings and report on the implications they will have on the business
- Improve the reporting process to ensure business efficiency
- Build relationships across the business to ensure objectives are achieved
- Partake in a number of projects to improve and streamline the finance function as a whole
The successful candidate will be:
- An ACA Qualified Accountant with at least up to 3 years post qualified experience
- Strong Financial Accounting experience
- Experience of financial services regulatory regimes
- Experience of working in a large, multi-site business is highly advantageous
- Ambition to get to the next level
There is a lot of positive change in this finance team and this is a great opportunity for someone to join and grow in a fun, rewarding and mature environment where hard work and good performance is heavily rewarded.
This role pays £55,000 - £70,000 + bonus and benefits and can are looking for people to join as soon as possible.