Business Development Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career within an experienced Corporate Partnerships Team. The Partnerships Team is a huge part of Cheltenham Festivals and essential to ensuring we can achieve our vision as a charity which feeds the human spirit. We work with a range of organisations, both in the UK and internationally, to create mutually beneficial partnerships that support our own organisational objectives and those of our partners. Based on shared values, our partnerships provide both Cheltenham Festivals, and the organisations with which we collaborate, the opportunity to enhance reputation and credibility and extend our reach.
Playing a key role within the Partnerships Team, the post-holder will be personally responsible for developing a robust pipeline of major new corporate partnership opportunities, leveraging Cheltenham Festivals strong position and reputation in the arts and cultural space to forge multi-year, high-value collaborations with blue chip companies and high profile brands each worth between £25k - £150k per annum.
Proactively engaging senior corporate contacts in the work of Cheltenham Festivals, influencing at all levels to cultivate new relationships and leverage existing networks, the Business Development Manager’s primary responsibility will be to secure long-term, high value income generating partnerships. Building on our track record of winning leading partnerships with The Times, EDF Energy, Deepmind, Nyetimber, Baille Gifford, HSBC and Waterstones. The role will have a focus on positioning Cheltenham Festivals as the charity of choice and developing innovative partnerships with companies in the digital space, innovation, technology and utilities.
Detailed Job Description
Income generation and relationship cultivation
- To support the team’s vision of building relationships with Partners who create meaningful social change, expand horizons and break down barriers. This supports us in achieving our charitable objective of making the arts and science accessible to all.
- To identify, research and cultivate leads, building a strong pipeline of prospects that will have a significant impact on income over the current and future financial years.
- To proactively identify, approach and build strong relationships with senior contacts of blue-chip companies, major UK employers, high-profile brands and agencies.
- To use insight (gathered from research and regular dialogue with senior contacts) to produce bespoke, persuasive and high-quality proposals, pitches and campaigns, ultimately securing new corporate partnerships worth £50k +
Strategy & Planning
- To set and deliver tailored relationship development strategies and cultivation plans for each prospect demonstrating creative thinking and proactive relationship building.
- To work autonomously and in conjunction with the Head of Partnerships & New Business to produce persuasive, creative and high-quality proposals and presentations, ensuring a tailored and intelligent approach at all times.
- To create innovative engagement ideas for prospective partners
- To work with Cheltenham Festivals Programming and Marketing Teams to create innovative support proposition that meet all parties ‘objectives
- To lead cross-functional teams to produce and deliver highly creative and powerfully emotive pitches.
- Build collaborative working relationships with senior stakeholders, and staff at all levels within key departments at Cheltenham Festivals including Marketing, Programming, Finance, Education & Outreach, Senior Management Board and Trustees of the Charity
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Development & Marketing, Head of Partnerships & New Business, Senior Account Managers, Trustees, Advisory Boards and other stakeholders to ensure contacts are leveraged and best practice shared.
Sector Knowledge & Representation
- Represent Cheltenham Festivals at client cultivation events, conferences, Festivals and networking events, acting as an ambassador for Cheltenham Festivals.
- To stay abreast of business and innovation news, current affairs and potential new leads to act as a source of information and creative insight for the team.
- Maintain complete fluency with the Tessitura database, using it as a key tool in the contact management and development of major partnerships – keeping full records of prospect cultivation activities, contacts made, and proposals issued.
- Provide monthly reports on new business opportunities, forecasted income and activity levels.