MOVE Charity Fundraising Manager
MOVE Charity Fundraising Manager.
Salary: £25,000 based on 40 hours per week.
(pro rata for 32 hours per week)
Hours: The salary is based on a 40 hour per week role however we promote flexible working and support applications for a 32 hour week (4 days)
*Maximum 40 hours per week, Minimum 32 hours per week.
Contract: 1-year fixed term contract with potential to extend.
Application deadline: Wednesday 26th June 9pm.
Interview date: Wednesday 10th July 2019.
The role will be home based however travel will be required. Ideally the candidate would be based in the east midlands or willing to re-locate to Loughborough or Leicestershire. Must have use of own car and have a valid driving license.
MOVE is looking for a full time Fundraising manager to help us expand our work inspiring and enabling people to Move Against Cancer.
MOVE is a small charity located in the prestigious sports University town of Loughborough. MOVE is a young charity which has had an impressive impact in its first three years. There is considerable demand for our work and we want to expand into new ways of working with people across the UK. You will help us to grow our income, focusing on trusts and foundation grants, corporate fundraising, community fundraising and events. Our ambitions are realistic, and we have secured part funding for this role which represents an investment in our charity’s future.
We are looking for a passionate fundraising manager who is able to build relationships with key partners, set and hit financial targets and maximise income from the opportunities on offer. Working directly with our inspiring founder you’ll be putting our fundraising processes in place, raising our profile and getting out and about meeting potential funders.
The role is home based with travel across the region and the UK as required and regular visits to Loughborough where the founder is based. You must have a valid UK driving licence, own your car and be willing to work evenings and weekends as required.
We have 3 clear objectives
MOVE Charity provide practical and online support for children and young people living with and beyond cancer. MOVE helps children and young people sit less and MOVE more. Helping them to take control over their lives when cancer has turned it upside down, supporting them to focus on what they CAN do. This is delivered through our online virtual support programme.
MOVE have launched a new initiative called 5k Your Way, Move Against Cancer co-founded with Oncologist Consultant Lucy Gossage and linked to parkrun. 5k Your Way, Move Against Cancer is a support group with a difference for all ages and abilities linked to parkrun events on the last Saturday of every month. Find out more at www.5kyourway.org
Raising awareness and delivering educational talks and workshops on cancer, exercise and movement as a way of life for other health care professionals, charities and organisations.
Fundraising Manager Key Responsibilities;
· To manage and deliver the Trust and Foundation strategy and application process.
· Build relationships with major donors and/or businesses and organisations.
· Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity.
· Ensure that fundraising targets are met.
· Account handling: ensuring major donors or companies are happy with their donation scheme (such as a charity of the year partnership) and are kept informed of progress and milestones
· Devise and organise fundraising campaigns and events
· Spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organisation’s work
· Recruit, organise and inspire volunteers
· To establish a committee to deliver an annual Fundraising Ball event, with a focus on maximising income from the event and long-term relationships.
· Work with due regard for MOVE’s core values and objectives
· A proven track record in fundraising at a community level or strong evidence of suitable transferable experience, for example an outstanding track record in sales, relationship and/or account management.
· Experience of working within a target-based setting and reaching/exceeding targets and of interpreting / working with financial information and budgets.
· Experienced at researching and devising strategies and opportunistically taking advantage of donation possibilities.
· Strong people management skills, building long-term relationships with potential donors or volunteers and persuasively explaining their charity’s cause.
· Working with volunteers and volunteer committees and putting in place systems and processes to support volunteers
· Experience of managing a number of large projects at one time in an efficient and effective way.
· Can successfully work own routines, priorities and deadlines with minimum supervision.
· Ability to manage budgets and hit fundraising targets are important, as are organisational and IT skills.
· An interest in, and commitment to, the cause you are raising money for is essential.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Understanding of the voluntary sector
· Experience of working as part of a fundraising function at a charity
· Experience of recruiting and managing fundraising groups or committees.
· Experience of securing and managing corporate relationships.
· Experience of working with/alongside service delivery teams within a charitable/health setting.
· Successful events management experience
Knowledge & skills:
· Excellent presentational, storytelling, and public speaking skills.
· Highly personable, with strong networking skills. Will have a proven ability to build and manage relationships with a range of stakeholders
· Digitally aware – with an ability to utilise digital channels to communicate and engage.
· A proven ability to make the ask for support and to effectively influence.
· Fully computer literate including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal
· Knowledge of fundraising legislation relating to fundraising, sporting events and special events
· Understanding of how to maximise income from trusts and foundations, grants, sporting events, community fundraising and special events
· Excellent event management skills
· Able to manage multiple projects and prioritise effectively
· Positive, engaging and enthusiastic approach to fundraising
· A natural relationship builder who is able to engage key stakeholders and individuals to raise funds for MOVE Charity.
· Highly organised and efficient
· Able to work independently
· Passionate about the work of MOVE
· Driven and target-orientated
· Willing to learn and develop
· Willing to work outside of standard office hours to attend events, visit
· community groups etc
Compliance and Risk Management
· To ensure all activities comply with appropriate legal, regulatory and fundraising good practice requirements and with MOVE policies and standards.
· To be responsible for ensuring that all MOVE fundraising activity is fully risk assessed and adequate health and safety measures are in place.
· To offer support to MOVE volunteers in ensuring their activity is compliant.
· Competitive salary
· Flexible working
· Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
· Birthdays off
· Working with an amazing small but ambitious team
To apply for this role please email email@example.com including a covering letter with details about yourself, your work and life experience and what areas of this role interest you most. Please also send your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Registered charity number: 1165675