Finance Manager (1 day a week, open to flexible working), London
Salary c. £46,000 pro rata plus generous benefits
Many of the diseases and conditions that affect human health have been cured or overcome as a result of medical research. But there will always be more to do. Although significant resources are being spent around the world developing exciting new treatments and therapies, there are areas of medical need that receive little or no support - and people’s lives that see no improvement. That’s where we step in.
The Medical Research Foundation is an independent charitable foundation. Formed by the Medical Research Council (MRC), we fund and support the most promising health research wherever we discover great opportunities that are not being pursued. We use our donations responsibly and ensure we make the greatest impact where it is most needed.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our rapidly expanding team in our central London offices.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for the financial management and operational control of the finances of the Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF) and the Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD), two of our linked charities. The role is for one day per week usually worked over one to two days per week.
Who you are
We need the very best people to help deliver our vision of advancing medical research, improving human health and changing people’s lives. Our team is proud to work for the Medical Research Foundation. We are ambitious for the Medical Research Foundation and for ourselves. We are approachable - providing advice to everyone and explaining our work. We are dedicated and committed to achieving the most for our donors and our researchers. And we are involved – constantly looking for new ways to engage and improve. We are inspired by our work and we will be looking for this in you too.
What you can bring to the role
- Be a fully qualified accountant with significant post-qualification experience.
- Have had all round hands-on SME accounting experience including budget management, cash management, management accounts preparation and accounts payable.
- Salary c. £46,000, dependent on experience, pro rata.
- Annual pay award, performance award scheme and other rewards.
- Generous pension contribution, with no qualifying period.
- 30 days annual leave each year, plus public holidays, pro rata
- 7.2 hours per week usually worked over 1 to 2 days per week (negotiable)
- Flexi-time system and core working hours of 10am to 4pm.
- Life Insurance and employee assistance programme.
- An opportunity to make a difference to human health.
- Fantastic colleagues.
How to apply
- Provide an up-to-date CV which includes your contact details, education and vocational qualifications, memberships of professional bodies, career history and explanation of any breaks in your employment history.
- Provide a brief supporting statement setting out why you are the right candidate for this role making reference to the job description and the person specification. The case that you make and the way that it is presented will form a key part of the shortlisting process.
- Complete our equal opportunities monitoring form.
- Let us know if you are not able to make any of the assessment or interview dates (the pre-arranged dates can be found in the recruitment information pack).
A copy of the recruitment information pack and equal opportunities monitoring form are attached as separate documents.