Longfield Community Hospice, Minchinhampton, Gloucestershire
Salary c £65 – 70k
Longfield is a local charity based in Gloucestershire who provide specialist care to patients and families living with cancer and other life limiting illnesses. Our extensive range of services includes Hospice at Home, Day Hospice Care, Counselling, Education and a range of outpatient services. We currently have 19 retail stores, one warehouse and this year we will be opening our 20th retail shop.
We wish to appoint a Chief Executive who will be responsible to the Board of Trustees, for the effective strategic leadership, planning and performance of the Hospice. The new CEO will ensure the ongoing reputation and financial stability of the Hospice and the provision of the highest standards of care. The CEO will be building and maintaining effective relationships outside of the Hospice to promote understanding of our vision and services and maximise income.
As we are coming to the end of our current five-year strategy, the Trustees are looking to the new Chief Executive to develop and deliver our new strategic plans to achieve our goals. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to lead the organisation at an exciting time of development.
The successful candidate will be:
- A strategic thinker capable of challenging and developing the future direction of the organisation.
- An inspiring leader with vision and drive and experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercially astute with a proven track record as a senior manager.
- A highly effective communicator and negotiator, comfortable with the role of figurehead to external stakeholders as well as staff and volunteers.
- Able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism and a personal style which commands respect and credibility from others.
- And have operated at board level or equivalent, ideally in a Healthcare or Social Care environment
Closing date: 17th July 2019
Interview date : 30th July 2019