Fundraising and Communications Manager
JOB TITLE: Fundraising and Communications Manager
BASE: Witton Street, Northwich CW9 5DY
HOURS: 35 Hours
SALARY: 25k pa
ACCOUNTABLE TO: CDSSG COO
Summary of Job Description
The Fundraising and Communications Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Corporate and community fundraising
- Event planning and implementation
- Marketing, press and digital communications
- To seek out income streams that help grow the Charities reach, service levels and brand in the Cheshire Community.
- To manage and implement fundraising campaigns and events that maximise income and awareness for the Charity.
- To manage a fundraising budget and achieve ambitious targets by generating and managing fantastic supporter relationships.
- To build relationships with major donors or companies and make presentations.
- To act as a representative of the Charity to members of the public as well as external organisations, individuals and stakeholders.
- To effectively manage the fundraising and projects administrator.
- To recruit, organise and inspire volunteers including members of our DS community.
- To use the media and listings to publicise the Charity, its aims and fundraising events.
- To create marketing materials to support the work of the Charity.
- To ensure the effective delivery of fundraising and awareness events for people with DS and their families in Cheshire.
- To be part of the CDSSG management team.
- To deputise for the COO where required.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- To represent the Charity at external events and opportunities, through carefully devised PR and media strategies.
- To effectively manage the events and fundraising team.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of fundraising campaigns and events.
- Ability to manage budgets and hit fundraising targets.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Outstanding analytical skills and flexible approach to problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Weekend work may be required.
- Demonstrated excellent management skills.
- Have a strong and proven background in corporate and community fundraising.
- Be an excellent relationship builder who can work well under pressure.
- Be entrepreneurial and passionate about income generation.
- Works well within a team, can work effectively at pace and is resilient but has humour.
- Outstanding organisation, presentation and commercial skills.
- Social Media and Digital experience.
The successful candidate will be a proactive individual with a can-do attitude and high levels of energy. They will be able to work independently.
Application closing date Wednesday 10th July. Interviews will be held during the week commencing 15th July. For more information please contact email@example.com or phone 01606 246171.