Fundraising Manager - Greater Manchester West
Do you want to be part of a team which is helping to beat heartbreak forever?
Do you have a track record in sales or account management, or are an experienced fundraiser and now looking for a new challenge with one of the country's leading charities?
About the role
We're looking for an ambitious,confident and engaging Fundraising Manager in Greater Manchester as maternity cover for 12 months. This is a rare opportunity to cover a well-established and successful fundraising patch and in this role you'll:
* Recruit, manage, and support volunteer fundraisers within the community,helping them to reach their fundraising potential
* Identify, develop and steward new relationships with corporate supporters,fundraising groups and high potential individuals
* Inspire and bring out the best in our supporters, corporate partnerships and fundraising groups, engaging them to help us beat heartbreak forever
* Enable our supporters to achieve their ambitious fundraising goals
* Working with BHF colleagues and volunteers to unlock new opportunities.
The team combines experience from the private, public and third sector and we're looking for someone to join us with:
* Proven experience of meeting and exceeding targets and working to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Excellent ability to motivate, inspire and influence people
* Strong networking skills and proven ability to build long-lasting relationships
* Proven ability to track and report on income
* Flexibility and willingness to travel where needed to support events - with access to a car and able to work evenings and weekends as needed
* Previous experience of working remotely and you will need to a self-starter.
The BHF want to build great relationships with our supporters and to help them achieve their fundraising ambitions which will allow us to fund research in to heart and circulatory diseases.
This is a rewarding and fast-paced role, in a regional home-based team. No two days will be the same as you'll be working with individuals, groups and corporates, supporting them with their fundraising ambitions.
When you work at the British Heart Foundation, you become a part of medical history. Part of a world leading organisation that has played a role in decades of life saving breakthroughs,from heart transplants and pacemakers to stents and clot busting drugs. And we're not about to stop any time soon. We are here to beat heartbreak forever;to stop heart and circulatory diseases devastating families. And if you want to help us get there sooner, you could be the Fundraising Manager we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role please use the apply button below. Our process involves submitting your CV and a supporting statement, which should outline your interest and explain how you meet the role's criteria.
Interviews will be held on 24th June 2019 in Manchester
Please note this is a maternity cover contract lasting up to 12 months and must be available to start at the end of July 2019.
Please note: This is a home-based position. Candidates will need to live in the Greater Manchester area. Please mention in your supporting statement if you are planning on relocating. You'll also need to have a full UK driving licence (there will be regular travel as part of your role.)
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
British Heart Foundation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all