Sporting & Events Assistant
Sporting & Events Assistant
London E1 (Aldgate)
£22,000 to £24,000 per annum | 35 hours per week
- Do you have experience of delivering excellent donor or customer care?
- Are you committed to helping us to raise vital funds through an ambitious and exciting sports events and community fundraising portfolio?
- Do you enjoy organising and the variety that comes with a busy role working on multiple projects?
- Are you interested in joining a digitally-driven organisation that is passionate about making real change for people with asthma?
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you. This is a dynamic role at Asthma UK and a great opportunity to join us at an exciting time.
What the role involves
You will work closely with the Sporting Events Manager and Event Officers to deliver a dynamic and successful sporting events calendar, in particular the London Marathon. It is a varied and busy role that includes delivering excellent administration and dedicated supporter care, social media activity and event participant management. You’ll need to be comfortable juggling tasks and priorities, as well as working towards agreed measurable objectives.
The role will suit you if …
…you like being organised, working in a fast-paced environment, and value working as part of a team to get things done. You’ll be naturally enthusiastic and proactive, comfortable using your own initiative and managing your own workload. The role will suit you if you want experience of working in a fundraising environment, with an organisation taking forward an ambitious digital transformation programme. You will need to have ambition, enthusiasm and value the opportunity to learn new things.
You will need
- Strong organising and planning skills
- Administrative support experience in a busy office environment
- Great communication skills
- A commitment to excellent donor care
- Knowledge and understanding of the use of digital, especially social media
- Knowledge and understanding of donor or supporter journeys
- The motivation to ‘test, learn and refine’ to ensure steady growth of our events and budget
- Some knowledge and understanding of asthma is desirable
Come and make a difference!
There is nothing as terrifying as the feeling of not being able to breathe or watching helplessly as a loved one struggles for breath. Every 10 seconds someone in the UK has a potentially life-threatening asthma attack and three people die every day. Asthma UK works to stop asthma attacks and, ultimately, cure asthma. How? By funding world leading research, campaigning for better care and providing high-quality information and advice that supports the 5.4 million people in the UK with asthma to reduce their risk of a potentially fatal asthma attack.
This is a great place to work!
With around 80 people, we are a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. Our staff survey reports that although we have a decidedly high-performance culture, it’s probably the friendliest place most people have worked with great opportunities for development. So, if you are a high performer who wants to develop your experience in the charity sector and grow your skills, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information and to apply please visit the Asthma UK website or click on the Apply button now!
Closing date: Midnight on Friday 28 June 2019.
Interviews: Thursday 4 July 2019.