Database Administrator – Oracle
Are you a driven and engaging Database Administrator with experience of Oracle technologies?
Our client is world’s largest independent cancer research charity; this is a fantastic opportunity to join their award winning team working on exciting range of different projects.
Position: Database Administrator – Oracle
Salary: £40,000 - £53,750 plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours
Location: Angel, London
Benefits: 26 days annual leave a year plus public holidays, Competitive pension scheme, A range of generous rewards and benefits via our client’s Rewards platform everything from gym membership, cinema tickets to discounts on cars.
What will I be doing?
As Database Administrator you will be responsible for the management and effective day to day running of the Oracle database environments. You will be a technical expert in database technology, providing specialist expertise to facilitate and execute the installation and migration of system software such as operating systems, data management products, office automation products and other utility software.
Make an impact every day by:
- Managing the full range of Oracle Database Platforms both in terms of sole responsibility for productions databases and working collaboratively with developers.
- Acting as the principal technical expert in Oracle technologies and providing the highest point of internal technical experience for Oracle database systems.
- Providing solutions to complex operational problems by applying experience gained in the technical field and through research. Provide solutions to ITS and business colleagues.
- Providing third line support function to IS and business colleagues.
The successful Database Administrator will have the following skills and experience:
- Expert in Oracle technologies to set-up, configure, troubleshoot and maintain the Charity’s database systems
- Proven experience of working with operating systems within a virtual infrastructure
- Expertise in the administration of SQL Server database versions eg 2008-2016
- Experience of working with server hardware and working within a virtualised environment
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of administering Oracle 10g, 11g databases and 12c would be highly desirable
If you’re as ambitious as our client, join their collective force and enjoy an excellent career!
Our client values diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. They actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Please note, from 2019, their head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Oracle DBA, Oracle Applications, SQL DBA, Oracle Systems Administrator, Senior Database Administrator (Oracle), Oracle Production Database Administrator (DBA)