Internal Communications Manager
Internal Communications Manager, an opportunity to join an award-winning Welfare Charity based in Central London.
The Internal Communication function is relatively new, creating a very exciting opportunity for an experience Internal Communications specialist to join and add value from day one.
As the Internal Communications Manager, you will lead on the development, management and implementation of the internal communications strategy, enabling effective two-way communication across the charity.
Managing an Internal Communications Officer, you will lead on all internal communications channels (such as staff publications and events and new channels such as an Intranet, video, and social media) ensuring an integrated approach. You will also:
- Provide advice and expertise on internal communications to senior management team and staff across the charity to achieve successful engagement.
- Plan, project manage and develop a new Intranet. Train, advise, and coach intranet editors in teams across the charity to create content of the highest standard.
- Plan and implement internal communications campaigns, selecting the most effective communication channels to achieve greatest traction (writing and editing content where appropriate, managing design and dissemination).
- Plan, commission, edit and writing content for staff publications and take responsibility for ensuring efficient and cost-effective printing and distribution.
- Ensure all staff and volunteers can access regular internal communication updates, with the opportunity to offer feedback and ask questions.
- Line management and development of the Internal Communications Officer including formal performance appraisal, day to day supervision, and recruitment.
Our client is looking for an experienced Internal Communications professional who has extensive Employee Engagement experience;
- Within a complex organisation, working with remote teams and across multiple locations.
- Significant experience of planning and delivering innovative and creative internal communications campaigns within clear brand parameters.
- Significant project management skills. Ability to work independently, lead on projects, and be responsible for managing a specific portfolio of communications work.
- Proven experience of managing an intranet and proven ability to use online content management systems as well as email marketing tools and social media.
- Ideally with line management experience.