Assistant Director - Early Years
Title: Assistant Director - Early Years
Contract: 35 hours per week, Permanent
For over 50 years, the National Children's Bureau (NCB) has been building a better childhood for all. Our position on early years is credible & well known for our drive to improve outcomes and reduce inequalities. We deliver successful programmes, provide input to parliamentary debate and take a strategic role in the children’s sector.
Our NCB five- year strategy sets out our priority issues across the organisation, includes emotional well- being and mental health, tackling poverty and pressing for children’s services to be funded properly.
For early years, we want every child to get the best start in life, because we know that the early years are the foundation on which their future life chances are built.
- All young children whatever their background have access to high quality early education and childcare
- Parents and carers are given the right support so they can help their young children develop and learn
- Parents are supported to nurture good relationships and attachment with their child
- All families, especially the most disadvantaged, have access to high quality universal services that promote the early health and development of babies and young children.
Could you be our next Assistant Director for Early Years?
Join us to lead the Early Childhood Unit and be a strong ambassador for:
- Better outcomes for all children
- An early year’s workforce of the highest quality
- All children included, making sure children with SEND can access their early education
- Collaboration across the sector, sharing the best ideas and building evidence
- experienced and knowledgeable about early childhood, sharing our commitment for high quality early years experiences for all children.
- able to engage strategically with our important stakeholders in the sector, includes the statutory and PVI sector along with local authorities, government departments and OfSTED.
- bring expertise to shape our future development of programmes and delivery, knowing what makes a difference.
You will be joining NCB at an exciting time, our reach into early years has never been wider. While leading our Early Childhood Unit, you will also have opportunities to get involved with our teams working in Lambeth with the Lambeth Early Action Partnership along with research and policy, social care and public health especially where the focus is on early years.
Closing date: 9am 18th June 2019
Assessment and interviews: Interview at our London office on 2nd July 2019
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can download the application pack and application forms.
Please quote job title and reference number. CV’s will not be accepted.
Committed to equal opportunities.
No agencies please.
More searches like this
- Campaigning Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (East)
- Senior Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (East)
- Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (East)
- Operations & Service Delivery Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (East)
- Business Development & Commercial Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (East)