English & Maths Teacher
This organisation is offering outstanding individuals the opportunity to join their team as an English and Maths teacher (with the ability and enthusiasm to teach employability) subject. They are looking for a practitioner who can deliver functional skills English and Maths up to level 2 and Employability qualifications.
This is a fantastic role for an outstanding practitioner looking for a challenge to work with NEET young people and adults.
English & Maths Teacher
Full Time Salary: £24,000 – £29,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to: Managing Director
It is our client's belief that people will not achieve their learning potential when both social and emotional needs are not being met. As a result, they work very closely with other parties (local authorities, social services, referring schools, etc.) to provide an educational and social environment in which their students can flourish; emphasising not just statutory duties, but giving equal weight to prevention and early intervention to address social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Do you have what it takes to join this charity and help shape the future of some of London’s most hard to reach people?
Purpose of Role:
- To teach Functional Skills English qualifications to young people and adults in preparation for them re-entering, accessing further education, apprenticeships, or work
- To teach Personal and Social Development (PSD) and Employability Skills and other timetable lessons as required
- To develop and manage our client's core English and Maths curriculum, ensuring it meets the needs of all learners
- To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require in accordance with the organisation’s policies under the direction of the Managing Director
- Focus on the quality of the learner journey and develop excellence in teaching and learning incorporating the organisation’s values
- To provide operational direction and support for the organisation’s programs, ensuring growth of provision through partnerships with existing and new colleges and training providers
- Promote a vibrant culture with an uncompromising commitment to excellence and fully integrated support and development services, reflecting the needs of those accessing the service
- To work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that works with young people to help identify and meet their personal, learning and work needs
In order to apply for this, post you will need: -
- A teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent)
- A degree in English and or Maths or equivalent in a related subject to give you the confidence to teach English & Maths subject up to and including GCSE level
- A minimum of one-year direct teaching experience to young people and adults
- be dynamic, creative, energetic and willing to communicate ideas
- be flexible to the ever-changing needs of the school and the requirements of the role
Closing date: Thursday 27th June 2019 at 10am.
Interviews: Friday 5th July 2019
To Apply and for More Information:
After you have followed the job board process, you will receive an email from CHM Recruit with instructions on how to complete your application.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder and disregard any automated email correspondence from the job board.
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
No agencies please.