Director of Finance and Resources
Prospectus is delighted to be supporting The London Community Foundation (LCF) to recruit for a new Director of Finance and Resources, to be based from their office in Brixton. LCF are dedicated to improving the lives of London's most disadvantaged. Child poverty, unemployment, isolation, homelessness, domestic violence and gang crime are just some of the issues being tackling through grant making. To date they have raised over £100m for community-based organisations, deploying more than £80m in grants and building up an endowment of £20m.
The Director of Finance and Resourcing is a pivotal appointment for the Foundation. Working closely with the Chief Executive, the Director will form part for the Senior Management Team, providing strategic leadership and operational oversight of all organisational support functions, including Finance, IT, People, Governance and Facilities. The Director will lead on engagement and reporting to the Board on finance and resourcing, whilst supporting the business development operations and planning. The Director will need to bring the experience and desire to lead on additional projects, in particular LCF's digital development across functions.
This role will operate at a strategic level, managing key relationships with internal and external stakeholders whilst also remaining very hands-on in a small team. With a primary focus on ensuring all financial management is effective and given strategic importance in planning, the Director will also take the lead on developing new systems and processes.
Experience and skills to ideally include:
- Significant experience of operating at a senior management level and as part of a senior management team within the charitable sector
- CCAB recognised accounting qualification, or equivalent
- Strategic planning and execution through operational planning, management and review
- Experience of leading a finance function within a charity setting, including the management of a small finance team
- Thorough understanding and experience of managing finance systems, accounting software and business systems and their effective use in a range of settings
- A demonstrable understanding of charity accounting, including Charity SORP, charity reporting requirements, donor reporting, Charities Act and the Charity Commission
- Significant project management experience
- Knowledge of digital technologies and ability to lead digital change management programmes, including demonstrable experience of working with CRM systems
- First-class multi-stakeholder management and ability to develop and sustain effective relationship management
- Demonstrable commitment to, and appetite for, London Community Foundation's mission and work
To apply, please submit your CV via the Prospectus webiste clicking the "Apply Now” button below. Please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application (This should be no more than two sides of A4).
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications on. As part of the selection process, candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices. If selected for interview with London Community Foundation, interview are due to take place as below:
First stage interviews - w/c 1st July
Second stage interviews - w/c 8th July