Internal Communications and Engagement Officer
Public sector organisation based in Widnes with large communications team looking for an Internal Communications and Engagement Officer to support the Internal Communications Manager
The role of the Internal Communications and Engagement Officer will include:
- Writing creative and compelling content for a range of internal communications channels, both print and digital, in a timely and credible way
- Supporting the creation, delivery and project management of an internal magazine, including sourcing and writing engaging editorial features and content, as well as influencing creative direction.
- Developing and managing the corporate intranet, ensuring it is an engaging, useful and up-to-date tool for the organisation
- Overseeing the creation and delivery of the Regional Newsletters and Weekly Roundup.
- Working with colleagues across all operational divisions to advise and support them with their Internal Communications & Engagement activity
- Leading on the delivery of an annual programme of events including reward and recognition events
- Taking ownership of delivery and measurement of internal recognition schemes, as well as assisting in the development and implementation of new methods for recognition.
- Supporting leaders throughout the organisations with presentations and materials for internal presentations, updates and briefings.
- Developing and delivering stand-alone communication plans for specific organisational projects or initiatives.
- Creating a range of multimedia content for various internal channels including photography, videography, infographics etc.
- Supporting the Internal Communications Manager with the development of action plans following employee surveys and ensuring communication of activities conducted as a result of employee feedback.
The successful Internal Communications and Engagement Officer will have the following experience:
- Professional or higher qualification in communications, marketing or journalism
- Experience in a communications role, ideally within a large organisation or agency
- Experience of planning and managing internal communications projects / campaigns from beginning to end
- Proficient and engaging copywriter
- Confident in building and maintaining relationships at all levels
- Ability to juggle multiple projects whilst ensuring high quality control is maintained
- Resilience and the ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentations
- Thorough understanding of internal communications channels and best practice
- Appreciation of what makes a compelling story
- Knowledge in Adobe Photoshop and video production software would be highly regarded
- Knowledge of trends, innovations and future opportunities in Internal Communications would be desirable
£24,000 plus the opportunity to working in a fantastic organisation in Widnes