Head of Marketing and Communications
Head of Marketing and Communications
Based: Fleet, Hampshire
Salary: c.£35-40k pa depending on experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join a national charity that changes children’s lives in local communities across the UK and Ireland, through the power of rugby.
Following recently breaking two world records at Mount Everest for the highest games of rugby in history, raising £250,000 and dramatically increasing the profile of the work this charity does, you will be joining the charity at a pivotal point in its journey and helping them take the marketing and communications to the next level.
The successful candidate will come with a proven track record of success and be responsible for all marketing, communications and individual giving activities across the charity. This is a role with national scope, leading a successful and talented Marketing & Communications team and the opportunity to make their mark in the charity and rugby sectors.
The role is full time based in the charity’s offices in Fleet and reports to Director of Marketing, Communications and Community Investment.
- To develop and deliver a communication strategy supporting the charities key priorities and strategic plan and the marketing promotion and growth of the charity's membership, ambassador and volunteer programmes.
- The Head of Marketing & Communications will have line-management responsibility for a team of four.
- Deliver and develop the strategic marketing and communications plan to support the charity’s business objectives, to build awareness of its work and drive fundraising income.
- Deliver and develop the individual giving strategy to support the growth of the membership programme, legacy and campaign income and stewardship of individual supporters.
- Managing workload, prioritising and scheduling activities across the entire spectrum of communications disciplines including: media and public relations, ambassador liaison, internal communications, brand management, internal communications, advertising, marketing, digital and social media, publications and production of materials.
- Responsibility for performance, direction and staff within marketing and comms team.
- Leading on developing relations with key influencers and managing all media communications.
- Responsibility for the development and management of the website, including generating content, search engine optimisation, making improvements to functionality, maximising its potential and monitoring its performance
- Leading and expanding social media presence, sourcing and sharing newsworthy information from across the charity.
- Enhancing communications with colleagues and regional volunteers and develop an understanding of the charity's work and needs of its users
- Leading on creation, copy-writing and production of marketing materials and key publications including their news and their Impact Report.
- Leading project management, planning, budgeting, execution and evaluation of marketing events and activities
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A minimum of five years working in marketing or communications role, ideally in a similar sector
- A minimum of two years working in the charity sector, with a strong understanding of the importance of first-class stewardship, individual giving and excellent volunteer management
- Staff management experience with a commitment to building a strong team ethic whilst developing each individual’s skills and ambitions
- The ability to combine long-term planning and short-term reactive work, and excel in both
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Attention to detail and editing skills to ensure that all communications adhere to high standards
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Desire to bring the charity’s values of passion, teamwork, fun and integrity alive
- Strong belief in the work of the charity and the impact it has on children and young people’s lives.
Closing date: Wednesday 5th June
First Interviews: 11 June 2019
To Apply and for More Information:
After you have followed the job board process, you will receive an email from CHM Recruit with further details on how to complete your application.
Please disregard any automated email correspondence from the job board and check your email spam / junk mail folder.
No agencies please.