Head of Finance (Maternity Cover)
Our client is a charity that uses the power of the law to protect the planet and the people who live on it. We are lawyers and environmental experts who are fighting against climate change and to protect nature and the environment. With the planet in peril, we believe the law is one of the most effective tools that we have in the battle to save civilisation.
We are recruiting for a Head of Finance (maternity cover) for our client at an exciting time of growth and change for the organisation. This crucial role comes at a time when they are rolling out new finance software and reviewing our auditors as well as beginning to operate a number of new subsidiaries in Europe. As such, the role will be quite specifically project-oriented, focussed on establishing financial processes in the expanded international group structure, honing and codifying the team’s monthly workflows and processes within the new finance system, and facilitating the transition to new auditors. With a 2019 budget of over £13m, the organisation operates a unitary, ‘one organisation’ structure, with the core accounting team in London managing the finances for all of our offices globally.
Key requirements include:
- A formal business/accounting qualification and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience (essential)
- Substantial experience of financial management in a similar capacity for an international NGO or a charity (essential)
- Knowledge and experience of inter-company financial processes in Europe and beyond (essential)
- Demonstrable experience of preparation of annual statutory accounts for a charity and experience of consolidating group accounts across several entities (essential)
- Experience of line managing an accounting function and overseeing the work of others (essential)
- Knowledge and experience of charity financial processes including allocation of project costs and apportionment of cost recovery (essential)
- Experience of analysing, interpreting and clearly presenting financial information (essential)
- Experience of writing reports extracting information from large databases (essential)
- Experience in developing new processes and procedures (essential)
- Experience of working with multiple currencies (essential)
- Experience of using at least two accounting software packages (essential)
- Experience of using Access Dimensions accounting software (desirable)
- Knowledge of charity statutory requirements (SORP) (essential)
In first instance upload your CV Via the Prospectus website, this can be accessed by clicking on the "Apply" button below. A Prospectus consultant will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and those that match our clients requirements will be invited to a preliminary interview in person at the Prospectus office in London or by video conference if preferred.