Internal Communications Manager
- Contract Type
An animal welfare organisation
- Manage the charity's internal communications channels ensuring an integrated approach with existing channels such as staff publications and events and new channels such as an Intranet, video, and social media.
- Plan, project manage, and develop a new Intranet, working with the Head of Media & PR and Head of IT to ensure it is accessible, meets our objectives, is delivered on time and within budget, and meets KPIs.
- Provide advice and expertise on internal communications to staff and managers across the charity, including the Chief Executive, Directors, and Senior Managers to achieve successful engagement in key initiatives.
- Planning, commissioning, editing, and writing content for staff publications and taking responsibility for ensuring efficient and cost-effective printing and distribution.
- Manage the forward planning and implementation of internal communications campaigns, assessing project needs and audiences to select the most effective communication channels to achieve greatest traction.
- Line management and development of the Internal Communications Officer including formal performance appraisal, day to day supervision, and recruitment.
- Ensure all staff and volunteers have the opportunity to access regular updates about the charity, and the opportunity to offer feedback and ask questions.
- Organise internal events and deliver presentations to promote the charity's values and campaigns across the organisation, drafting messages or scripts from the CEO and Directors for presentation to staff and volunteers in written or spoken form.
- Keep abreast of new techniques and ways of working through continuous professional development, gathering information on good internal communications practice from other organisations and learning opportunities and making recommendations for improvements.
- To be aware of risk issues for the charity and provide internal communications support to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation.
Extensive experience of internal communications
Significant experience of planning and delivering innovative and creative internal communications campaigns within clear brand parameters.
Significant project management skills. Ability to work independently, lead on projects, and be responsible for managing a specific portfolio of communications work.
Proven experience of managing an intranet and proven ability to use online content management systems as well as email marketing tools and social media.
Line management experience
1 day working from home