Job Title: Fundraising Administrator
Responsible to: Head of Fundraising
Location: London, Chiswick
To support the fundraising team in the effective and efficient delivery of its fundraising initiatives and activities. To provide administrative support across the key areas of events and community fundraising, corporate fundraising and individual giving. Ensure the delivery of an excellent standard of supporter care.
Our client is a global family of organisations that started in Germany in 1991 around one family’s search for a donor.
They have grown to become the world’s largest stem cell donor centre. Over 60,000 people have made a potentially lifesaving blood stem cell donation since 1991. Today, over 8 million potential donors have registered across the five countries in Germany, Poland, the US, UK and Chile. Since starting in 2013, they have registered over 380,000 potential donors.
The Fundraising team is responsible for raising money as well as maintaining close relationships with community fundraisers, private donors, organisations, trusts and companies. The department builds up longterm partnerships and sponsorships with their supporters.
• To be the first point of contact and respond to fundraising enquiries by phone, email and post.
• To support Community & Events fundraising, in the first instance, calling fundraisers to provide support for their events.
• To send out fundraising support materials, ensuring stock levels are maintained.
• To set up and maintain accurate and up to date records for supporters and their fundraising activities including tracking the progress of event participants.
• To work with the Senior Community & Events Officer to research, plan, deliver and evaluate fundraising activities to achieve financial and non-financial KPI’s.
• Coordinate the receipt and acknowledgement of donations, particularly during appeals.
• To send out fundraising email communications using email marketing software.
• To work with the Fundraising Officer and the Finance Team to support Gift Aid claims, direct debits and the coding of donations.
• Process cash, cheques and debit/credit card donations.
• To manage third party sponsorship websites, e.g. JustGiving, creating reports, coding and recording income and liaising with the finance and data teams to ensure the accuracy of data and reporting.
• Manage the allocation and return of collection tins for Community Fundraising.
• To provide information of others ways people can support i.e. match giving and payroll giving.
• To ensure that donor details are accurately recorded on the database and to ensure best use is made of the database.
• To support the team with general office administration tasks including social media.
• To attend events, exhibitions etc. as required.
• Any other duties as requested by the Head of Fundraising.
• Educated to A-Level
• 1-2 years experience in a comparable role
• Experience using sophisticated CRM
• Knowledge of the charity/voluntary sector acquired through paid or voluntary experience
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Confident and proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Able to manage a varied workload, balancing scheduled tasks with requests for assistance from the• team, which may have short deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Organised and efficient, with excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Able to work calmly and positively under pressure
• Able to work independently with little supervision
• Personable and a team player
• Flexible approach with the ability to adapt to new and changing situations
• Strong sense of initiative
Conditions of Employment:
• 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm). Although flexibility should be shown to working occasional evenings and weekends.
• 25 days’ holiday per annum (plus public holidays).
• Company pension scheme – automatic enrolment contractual contribution rate: 3% employee, 5% employer.
• Salary – £24,000 per Annum
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.