Head of Advocacy and Campaigns
We’re looking for an experienced and strategic individual to join our clients Policy and Influencing team at a really exciting time for the organisation, as Head of Advocacy and Campaigns.
Position: Head of Advocacy and Campaigns
Location: Flexible – this role can be based in our London, Nottingham, Bromsgrove or Salford offices (other locations will also be considered)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: circa £40, 600 per annum (national), Circa £43,900 per annum (including £3,299 inner London weighting)
Contract: Fixed-term for 12 months from appointment
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Cycle2Work scheme, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 3 June 2019
Interview Date: 20 June 2019 in our London office
Our client is hot off the back of a successful campaign to make stroke a new clinical priority for the NHS in England, gaining its own section in the NHS long-term plan.
The Head of Advocacy and Campaigns will:
- Lead the campaigns team and other colleagues to campaign locally to ensure much needed improvements are implemented.
- Lead an advocacy programme to ensure the views of stroke survivors are represented throughout the stroke pathway.
- Support the development of a new way to consistently provide information to people affected by stroke, called the stroke passport.
Ad Head of Advocacy and Campaigns you will:
- Have significant experience leading teams to develop and implement effective, evidence-based influencing campaigns, successfully securing changes to policy locally and nationally.
- Be adept at meaningfully engaging supporters and beneficiaries in campaigning work.
- Be an engaging and motivating leader and an expert communicator.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. Our client offers a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Rebuilding lives after stroke.
Our client believes everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. They provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join the team.
You may also be interested in this role if you have worked in areas such as Head of Advocacy and Campaigns, Director of Advocacy, Director of Campaigns, Head of Campaigns, Head of Public Affairs, Public Affairs Director, Head of Policy, Director of Policy, Policy and Advocacy, Policy and Influencing Director, Policy and Influencing Head of.
More searches like this
- Campaigning Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Greater Manchester
- Senior Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Greater Manchester
- Business Development & Commercial Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Greater Manchester
- Policy & Research Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Greater Manchester