Volunteering and Community Manager
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our clients Volunteer and Community team in Scotland, as a Volunteering and Community Manager.
Position: Volunteering and Community Manager
Location: Scotland (office or home based – to be agreed)
Hours: 21 hours per week
Salary: circa £15,500 per annum
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Cycle2Work scheme, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
Interview Date: provisional date of 6 June 2019
Reporting to the Head of Stroke Support (HOSS), the Volunteer and Community Manager will:
- Support the HOSS, taking a lead role in the development of a more effective community presence working collaboratively with the Fundraising Manager, Public Affairs Officer, and Communications Manager.
- Lead on all volunteering and community development activity to build a network of local stroke communities offer people affected by stroke the best possible chance to make a positive contribution.
- Ensure that policies and practices are implemented within the teams contributing to a culture of quality volunteer management and support.
The Volunteering and Community Manager will:
- Have a formal training or qualification in community development, volunteer management or demonstrable equivalent professional experience.
- Have experience of working as part of a diverse team and supervising others, demonstrable experience of collaborating with Health, Social care as well as the voluntary sector.
- Have experience of recruiting, training, developing and supporting volunteers in a managerial role.
- Be an excellent communicator both in verbal, written and numeracy skills.
- The ability to drive and have the use of a car with business use cover
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. Our client offers a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Rebuilding lives after stroke.
Our client believes everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. They provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join the team.
You may also be interested in this role if you have worked in areas such as Volunteering Manager, Community Manager, Fundraising, Public Affairs, Policy, Volunteering, Volunteering Coordinator, Communities Manager.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in Glasgow City
- Management Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in Glasgow City
- Volunteer Recruitment & Management Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in Glasgow City
- Volunteers Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in Glasgow City
- Community Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in Glasgow City