Services Assistant Manager
Position title: Services Assistant Manager
Reports to: Head of Finance and Services
Location: Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary guideline: (Up to) £24,500.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment: 18-Months’ Fixed-Term Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 8th June 2019.
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: W/C 11th June 2019
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office in Nottingham and a fundraising team in Whitechapel London; occasional travel between the two locations. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our team during an exciting period of growth and change as we have ambitious plans to grow our activities by 2020.
The Services Assistant Manager supports the Head of Services to ensure the smooth and effective running of the IT, Facilities, Admin, Quality and HR sub-departments. They will provide high quality support across the departments as well as providing information management support and often be the first point of contact for the Head of Services. They are also responsible for organising all of the departments meetings and engagements and providing support to the service department managers and head of department to monitor and develop the charity’s compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements.
This role is crucial to the effectiveness of the Services department. The post holder will interact with senior members of staff, the SMT, the board of trustees, department managers and other staff members. They will undertake a wide range of activities that are vital to the operation of the Services department.
This is a Fixed-Term, fulltime position for 18 months with the opportunity to extend further.
Essential for the Candidate to:
Demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK
Be educated to a minimum degree level
Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Demonstrate willingness to travel nationally and internationally as and when required.
Possess substantial relevant experiences:
- Substantial admin support experience
- Substantial experience of diary and correspondence management
- Substantial experience of arranging and coordinating meetings
- Substantial experience of working effectively with a senior team
- Substantial experience of working effectively with external stakeholders
- Experience of analysing data and producing reports
- Able to show a broad understanding and interest in faith-based organisations
- Experience of working for a charity is desirable
- Experience of working across an organisation to support key processes
- Knowledge of GDPR, Health and Safety, project management, risk management and other organisational compliance issues is essential
Possess Relevant Skills and Attributes:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills exercising tact, diplomacy, persuasion, influencing and assertiveness
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confident approach in dealing with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A highly organised individual with the ability to forward plan
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An excellent administrator
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Able to take accurate minutes, adhere to timelines and proof read
- Fully proficient at intermediate level in the use of Microsoft office tools including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Desirable for the Candidate to:
Possess a minimum of 2 years relevant NGO/Charity experience
Be someone who is talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career.
This role would suit someone who is talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to both Muslim Hands’ values and mission, please register your interest and apply by sending in your current CV and covering letter.
Deadline for applications is 8th June 2019 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.