Job Description Across
Job Title Fundraising Manager
Location Stansted Airport
Salary Details & Hours Full-time/0.8, flexible for the right candidate. C. £30K
Reports to General Manager
The Fundraising Manager will support the development of a fundraising strategy to fund the organisation’s mission of takingthose who suffer from ill health or disability to Lourdes, and on other pilgrimages and holidays, using suitable transport adapted to their needs.The post holder will personally lead fundraising, encourage long term giving through legacies and “in memory of” campaigns, and improve the reach and effectiveness of existing fundraising products such as the Candlelight Club and Friends of Across and manage a Community Fundraiser.
We are currently working on the delivery of an ambitious 3-year plan, with key objectives of increasing the numbers of groups travelling with Across, developing a robust management structure fit for future growth, and a fund-raising strategy that will change the way the charity’s activities are funded, and make our pilgrimage and holiday experiences accessible to a much wider audience.
Is this a journey you would like to join us on? Our ethos is focussed on principles of faith, family and fulfilment, and we are looking for like-minded colleagues who are committed to living these values and giving their time in support of our work.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Across is looking for an experienced fundraiser who can demonstrate previous success in community , individual and legacy fundraising. You will have a real interest in and empathy with our purpose, values and ethos, and an ability to influence and educate those around to support you in your fundraising. You must be willing to promote openness and accountability, always holding the charity’s best interests to heart. Experience of working in a faith-based environment is highly desirable.
Currently money comes from ad hoc legacies, a small number of friends, candlelight club and occasional trust and foundation gifts.
Recent legacies have enabled the charity to recruit staff, including a new fundraising role. We now have an urgent need to focus on the development of sustainable fundraising sources beyond legacies
Principle working relationships
- Potential Donors
- Gambling commission and other regulator
- General Manager
- Engagement and Support
- Volunteers including trustees, group leaders and other groups
- HQ Staff, Lourdes team and Jumbulance drivers
- Fundraising trustee
- Set and achieve income targets across community and individual fundraising
- Monitoring progress against the key measures
- Secure opportunities to fundraising from Catholic Parishes and Groups by giving talks, supporting volunteers to fundraise and running fundraising events
- Growing the friends and candlelight giving programmes
- Promoting the legacy programme including through existing communication channels, in communities and to individual donors.
- Working with the field workers and a Community Fundraiser to maximise income from parishes
- Ensuring best practice donor stewardship
- Ensuring that Across’ organisational values are upheld in the delivery of its objectives.
- Ensuring that Across has satisfactory financial control systems and procedures
- Safeguarding Across’ reputation
- Promoting and developing the charity in order for it to grow and maintain its public benefit.
- Working as a team member and support the work of the General Manager
- Support group fundraising and publicity, including sending material, maintaining the quality and stock of materials and giving advice
- Attending events as an ambassador for Across, to network, promote the work of the organisation and provide thanks and recognition to supporters and donors.
- Assisting with fundraising by speaking, networking and otherwise seeking donations in conjunction with other staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Owning and managing other duties, related to marketing and fundraising
Experience to enable effective fulfilment of your role
- Management experience
- Track record in raising money from communities, individuals and legacies.
- Excellent understanding of fundraising and donor relations
- Demonstrable experience of relationship management and of developing and maintaining a network of contacts
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to write a compelling case for support and to communicate this effectively through face-to-face presentations
- Mobilising volunteers and groups to fundraise
- Ability to develop effective relationships with colleagues; to inspire the team and to work effectively to achieve shared goals
- Experience of managing budgets and financial reporting
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to prioritise workload and meet strict overlapping deadlines
- Understanding of compliance and legal requirements in relation to fundraising.
- Interest and commitment to the values and ethos of Across.
- Experience of legacy and/or in memoriam fundraising;
- Understanding of working in a faith-based organisation;
- Successful track record in developing individual giving schemes;
- Experience with CRM systems.
Applications are requested in writing via email and should include a CV which details your relevant experience in accordance with the above specification and requirements.
Please include a cover letter with your application and send to Debbie Hourihan, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in confidence.
Please communicate your interest as early as possible and submit your application no later than Thursday 13th June 2019.
We will review applications and select candidates for interview based on those who best fit the criteria outlined above.
If you have any queries regarding the specification, requirements, the commitment or any of the accompanying information ahead of submitting your application, please feel free to contact Debbie Hourihan on the above email address in the first instance.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Faith-Based Full Time jobs in Bishop's Stortford
- Community Fundraising Faith-Based Full Time jobs in Bishop's Stortford
- Major Donor/ Gifts Faith-Based Full Time jobs in Bishop's Stortford
- Supporter Development Faith-Based Full Time jobs in Bishop's Stortford
- Trusts & Foundations Faith-Based Full Time jobs in Bishop's Stortford