Business Development Manager
Want to use your skills in Business Development to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Business Development Manager to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid Corporate Partnerships Team develops high value, high impact strategic partnerships.
As our dynamic and driven Business Development Manager you will develop ambitious, strategic and innovative propositions for the private sector.
In this role, you will drive business development from specific sectors and secure annual and multi-year partnerships for WaterAid, each with a target value of a minimum of £100,000 per year. This is likely to cover a broad spectrum of partnership types including corporate donations from corporate social responsibility and sustainability teams, cause-related marketing schemes, sponsorship, pro bono, employee engagement etc.
* Develop and manage the pipeline of potential high value, annual and multi-year new business opportunities to ensure there is active movement and sufficient lead generation to deliver against planned growth and income.
* Attend networking events and conferences to build a network of contacts amongst potential partner companies and actively cultivate this network.
* Identify and research target companies to provide sufficient information for an informed approach.
* Develop and deliver tailored and compelling proposals and pitches. This will often involve drawing on the skills and knowledge of colleagues from around the organisation to create innovative and exciting proposals.
To be successful, you'll need:
* Externally focused and proactive attitude, with the energy and passion to engage people and excite them about WaterAid
* Great presentation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven experience of generating new business from cold either in corporate fundraising or in a commercial setting and proven ability to meet and exceed personal targets
* Experience in handling objections and negotiating successful mutually beneficial outcomes for internal and external relationships
* Confident networker able to represent WaterAid at donor events
Visit the WaterAid careers page for a full job pack.
WaterAid benefits include:
36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a weekSeason Ticket LoanFree annual eye testsPay as You Earn training scheme Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on Sunday 2 June. Availability for interview is required 12-14 June.
Salary £33,000-£37,000 with excellent benefits.
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at email@example.com