Head of Services
An exciting opportunity to lead on all aspects of service delivery and development and oversee new strategic projects for a leading national single parent families’ charity, as Head of Services.
Role: Head of Services
Location: Kentish Town, London
Salary: £45-50k per annum FTE, dependent on experience
Hours: Full time, 35 hours a week, flexible
Benefits: Excellent work-life balance policies for all staff, flexible working including working at home, part time working, job sharing and more, onsite parking, close public transport links, on site café, site yoga classes, 28 days leave per year rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service and all public holidays (pro-rata for part time staff), office closure between Christmas and New Year, pension contribution is 5% of salary to a workplace pension scheme (subject to employee contribution) and career development opportunities
Closing date: 5pm on Monday 3rd June
Interviews: Wednesday 12th June
Do you want to work for an organisation that offers career development opportunities and an excellent work-life balance including flexible working?
The Head of Services has responsibility for the strategic and operational oversight of services for single parents across England and Wales. Leading and inspiring the services teams, building strategic partnerships for delivery and scale and ensuring funding targets are met.
As Head of Services, you will:
- Lead strategic service development and design
- Ensure high quality operations across the service offer
- Lead service evaluation and foster a culture of continuous learning
- Work with the Income Generation team to ensure services are funded
- Act as Designated Safeguarding Lead for the organisation
- Provide leadership as a member of our Leadership Team
You will have experience in
- Service design and development, ideally within Advice, helpline or Peer Support services
- Leading multi-channel, high quality services in the third sector
- Managing and quality assuring service delivery, including achieving accreditation or quality standards
- Managing high level funder relationships and building strategic partnerships
- Managing large scale complex budgets, including contracts or restricted funds
- Dealing with safeguarding issues and working with vulnerable service users
- Team leadership in a voluntary sector organisation
- A range of evaluation techniques and impact measurement within a services setting
Our clients mission is to champion and enable single parent families to live secure, fulfilling and happy lives. The current service offer is a helpline, offering specialist advice to single parents on a range of issues across telephone and digital channels to circa 9,000 parents each year. Peer Support services include around 60 local friendship groups led by volunteer parent co-ordinators, and a thriving online community forum.
You may also have experience in areas such as Operations Manager, Director, Head of, Strategy, Service, Head of Services.