Our client is a national charity which has been supporting disabled children, young people and their families since 1970.
They work with children, irrespective of their disability or impairment, from birth through to 25 years. Each year they support over 15,000 disabled children, offer over 120 different services and work with about 80 Local Authorities across England.
They are passionate, caring and trusted and their vision is a world in which all disabled children and young people realise their aspirations. They offer support and practical help for families, every step of the way.
Playground Manager (Maternity Cover)
Salary Details: £32,198 FTE per annum
Hours Per Week: 36
About The Role
They are recruiting for a highly enthusiastic Playground Manager based in Islington on a fixed term basis to cover maternity leave for a period of 9-12 months.
The purpose of this role is:
- To ensure that children’s and young people’s participation and engagement is embedded in the planning and development of the playground.
- To ensure safeguarding is embedded throughout the service, all staff are trained and all incidents are dealt with as per the charity's policies.
- Ensure all record keeping is accurate, timely and meets all data handling regulations.
- Deliver a programme of varied activities that provide children with choices and opportunities for different play and social activities.
- Effectively manage the physical responsibilities of the playground. This includes health and safety, maintenance, cleanliness, repairs and. and utilities.
To be able to carry out this role it is essential that you have the following characteristics:
- Thorough knowledge of play.
- 3 years’ experience of direct work with disabled children.
- Experience of creating a positive play environment for children.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to demonstrate safe practice and adherence to current Safeguarding processes.
- Experience of managing a large flexible team including recruitment, supervision and development.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in play or related field.
Advertising End Date: 27 May 2019
To find out more information please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can apply for this position.
No agencies please.
More searches like this
- Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations & Service Delivery Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Training Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Human Resources Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- PR & Communications Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)